Sunday, October 3, 2021

Paper Crafter's Yard Sale

 Drove to Lewisville, NC yesterday to attend the second Paper Crafter's Yard Sale of the year held in the parking lot of the Enchanted Cottage paper crafting store. They had held this sale in the Spring and I went to that one as well and found lots of goodies to add to my craft room.  Yesterday I did the same - here is a photo to show the seller canopies set up in the parking lot when I arrived:

For this sale I had no list of things I was wanting to find but my PIC, (stamping Partner In Crime), who could not go to the sale, is looking for a SU punch/stamp set so that was the first thing I was hoping to find. When I got to the sale one of the sale tables had SU punch/stamp sets all set out so I shopped her tables first but was unable to find the set my PIC has been searching for. At a nearby table one of the sellers had plastic bins filled with dies from Aliexpress all marked $2.00 each and I bought one set for me:

At another table I was so happy to find the Sizzix/T Holtz Eiffel Tower die that I have wanted for some time but have never seen at these sales. I bought that and at the table next to that I found the Sizzix Box Shaker die as well as a Santa die:

One crafter was selling various spools of ribbon so I picked these three up from her -- three spools for 50 cents so certainly a great price for my new to me fall ribbons:

Another seller was selling SU die sets for $1.00 each set so I brought these home with me:

The set on the left is the On Film die set and next to that is the Boo to You die set. Also:

Stitched Frames -- so happy to get these sets for a total of $3.00.  Did not want to shop the sale without shopping the Enchanted Cottage store to help support them and I was able to find one die set too cute to leave behind - it is from Polkadoodles and I had not heard of them before:

Very pricey at $16.00 but I checked the internet and altho SimonSaysStamp sells this brand they did not stock this die set - it was the last one so I had to bring it home. Once I was home I did check on the Polkadoodles website and they are located in England but they do ship to the US so that is a good thing if I should see other products of theirs that I can not locate for sale in the US.

On the way home we stopped for subs and was home early enough to get everything in the craft room and started putting things away. The Box Shaker die I will be using for treat holders for Thanksgiving so that will be used soon as I am almost done with all my BOO Day projects I have been working on. 

Lots of sellers had machines -- if I had not already bought my Brother Scan N Cut earlier I would have bought the one a seller had - it is the top of the line machine with accessories and it was just once to make wedding table decorations. She was selling that whole set for $135.00 so certainly a good buy. Also a Silhouette/Cameo and Cricuts and lots of Big Shot and Big Kick machines. Tons of storage for sale from table top items to the white cubbies from Mikes, to shelves, racks, drawer units, etc.. A wide variety of items to shop for sure!

Enchanted Cottage is one of the last stores to still be open but being so far from me I am only able to shop there a couple times a year. But it is nice to be able to go to a store and see the products and samples in person rather than just shopping websites for new products. Happy to make the trip for their second Paper Crafter's Yard Sale this year - esp since all the stamp shows in our area have not been held again this year. Hoping the shows return for 2022!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Smart shopping as always, Candee!