Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Easter Cards

Was suppose to be cleaning up the craft room when I received an email notification from CatherinePooler.com announcing their new release.... just in time for Easter..... Had just finished my St. Patrick's Day cards so putting things away.... but I did glance at the new release and two days later my order was here ---

From this release I only ordered the stamp and die set Ukrainian Eggs:


I had seen the card made by one of their design team members, Kristie Goulet, on her blog:  kreativekristies.blogspot.com and was inspired by her projects using this stamp/die set. Here is a photo of my card:

I used a white card stock base, cut and scored at the top. Used the MISTI and stamped the "happy easter" stamp from the stamp set in the upper right hand corner using black ink. Set these card bases aside.

All my white card stock eggs have been embossed using WOW white embossing powder. To stamp these eggs I used the four printed egg stamps in the MISTI and stamped them all at once using Versa mark ink. Once each group was stamped I heat embossed that piece. Set these aside and kept doing this step until I had all the eggs stamped and heat embossed that I was making. Here is a photo of the tools I use for heat embossing - and all my white stamped eggs are at the bottom of the photo:

In the embossing case I keep my RabbitHole anti static tool, my Versa mark ink, and a clothespin to hold the items I am heat embossing. Once the white card stock stamped eggs were all heat embossed I used the egg die and die cut out all the eggs I made. With that done I then put the eggs on my grip mat from Waffleflower and used blending brushes to add inks to the eggs for colour:

With all the eggs coloured and dry I put them in order of how I would use them on card fronts and for other projects I am working on. 

For my card front I stamped the greeting in black ink and I wanted to add black to the front of the cards to tie into the stamped image but to also have a line to put my eggs on in a row - for the prints on the bottom of my card I cut scrap prints to 3/4" strips and put them on the bottom of the card front. Then put the thin black card stock above those. For the eggs most of the cards have three or two of the eggs on foam squares for dimension but I did make one card with all my eggs flat just using tear and tape behind those:

In the above photo the card on the left has all the eggs attached to the card front flat and the card on the right has two eggs flat on the card and three eggs on foam squares for dimension. The foam squares I use are from the Dollar Tree:

These foam squares are very popular with card makers and at my Dollar Tree this package can be found in the automotive section. My store sells different craft foam squares like these in the craft aisle but those do not adhere as well as these do. Happy CatherinePooler.com is here in Raleigh and happy when I order from her I get my order in two days.... a huge thanks to Kristie Goulet for all the projects she made using this stamp/die set for inspiration. More cards:

With card fronts done now I can get back to all the Easter treat holders and projects I am working on and other holiday items.....

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

A pretty Easter Egg roll, Candee!