Sunday, March 17, 2024

Ghirardelli Easter Holder

My-Creative-Time.com recently had a sale and I bought a few die sets during the sale. One of the dies is the Pocket Treat Die and here is a photo of this one piece die that makes a box:

This die holds one Ghirardelli candy bar and  you can cut out three of these boxes from one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. Here is a photo of some of the holders I made:

I wanted to use a small checked card stock to decorate the top of the box so I put the die onto part of the checked card stock and cut that out. Used the trimmer to trim off any parts I did not need. Used liquid glue to put the checkered card stock onto the solid card stock boxes:

This die has a little tab that tucks into a slit on this die cut piece so no ribbons, velcro, or magnet is needed to hold this box closed. Here is a photo to show this box open and the candy bar inside:

To decorate the top of the box I used the carrot bow die set from KSCrafts to make the carrot bow. For the bow pieces I used scrap printed card stocks. I also used green glittered card stock for the carrot tops. Put the bow on the box front using liquid glue. Also added coloured gems from the stash to decorate the corners of the box front. Wanted to have a stamped holiday greeting for the box but did not want to put it across the carrot or the bow so I put it on the spine of the box:

For the Easter greeting I used a used stamp I recently bought at a recycle store and to cut the banners out I used the small banners die set from Pink and Main. Easy box to assemble as no gluing or tear and tape needed - just die cut your piece and fold it on the lines: 



No comments: