Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Waffle Flower Shamrock Release

 

I recently bought the Shamrock release from Waffleflower.com for upcoming St. Patrick's Day cards. In the past I have bought a die set for a Leprechaun from another manufacturer and that was not an easy die set to assemble... the Waffleflower Leprechaun die set is so easy to assemble - here are the pieces cut for this die:

I used all scrap card stocks to assemble the Leprechaun. My base piece is the brown and this base piece will be the colour of his eyes and mouth if you want it to be. Once the base piece was cut I used a pale pink card stock scrap for the face die piece - I kept the little mouth piece this die cut out as later I would use this piece for his mouth. Then I cut out the hair/beard die using a rust coloured card stock scrap. For the hat I used green card stocks and I sponged the edges of the hat using a darker green. I cut out the hat band/buckle using a brushed gold foil card stock. With the hat cut out and edges sponged, I used liquid glue to put the hat band/buckle on the hat. Glued the hat to the brown base piece. Then I glued the hair/beard piece to the face and then glued this piece onto the brown base. With that done, this is when I glued the small mouth piece to the face on the base. My Leprechaun was complete. Set him aside to dry. Here is a close up photo of the Leprechaun:

Once he was on the card front I used a white gel pen and added the white dots to his eyes. Very easy Leprechaun to assemble and he helped to use more of the card scraps up so this was a good project to make.

This next photo shows the card I made using the Leprechaun and other items from this release:

I used the shamrock stencil in this release to add the shamrocks to the white card front using green ink and blender brushes. I wanted to add more design to the card front so I used a small circle stencil from my stash and stenciled the circles onto the card front pieces. The card base is green and cut and scored at the top. Cut a black card stock for the frame for the card front. Used liquid glue to put the stenciled shamrock card front on the black card stock. Then put these pieces onto the green card stock base. 

For the "lucky" die I cut that out of the gold foil poster board sold at the Dollar Tree. The shadow piece to this die I cut out of vellum from the stash. Used liquid glue to put the "lucky" word onto the vellum shadow piece. Also used liquid glue to put this word set onto the card front.

For the Leprechaun for some of the cards I cut out a piece of white craft foam to put him on to give him some dimension on the card fronts. The other cards I just used tear and tape and put him on the card fronts. Once the card fronts were all done I decided I wanted to add green glittered card stock shamrocks. I went through my stash and used the small shamrock die from the Karen Burniston die set for Happy St. Patrick's Day  that I had bought last year. Used liquid glue to add those to the card fronts and they help to add some sparkle to the cards.

Card on the left has the craft foam base die cut piece behind the Leprechaun and the card on the right has the Leprechaun on the card front using tear and tape and he is flat on the card front. Another fun release from Waffle Flower just in time for St. Patrick's Day cards!



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love this card that brings some St Patrick's Day fun. Thank you, my friend!