Monday, July 22, 2024

Halloween Cat Bow Embellishments

Bought the new Halloween Cat Bow die set from KS Crafts. This die set is available in the small and the large sizes. I bought the small die set and here is a photo of the cat embellishments I made:

I used black #110 weight card stock for the cat and I cut out two for each embellishment so the cat will be sturdy. I used liquid glue to put the two cats together. Using scraps I cut out the pink ears, pink nose, green eyes, and for the whisker piece I used black mirrored card stock and also a shimmer black card stock. Again used liquid glue to put them in place Here is a photo of two of the embellishments:

First I die cut all the cat pieces and assembled those:

Here is a photo of the 10 piece die set:

For all the bows I used printed card stocks from the stash - but here is a photo of two cats to show the difference of attaching the bows to the cat bases:

For the cat on the left I assembled the bow - the tail piece and then the two loop pieces stacked on top with a crystal gem in the center. Doing it this way the bow is OVER the cat tail. The cat on the right I put the bow tail piece behind the cat and then put the two bow loops with center crystal on the front of the cat - this way you can easily see the looped cats' tail so you have a choice which way to assemble the bow. Once the bow tail piece is attached to the back of the cat you will not see it as this will be attached to a project. 

For placement of the ear pieces and eyes, when you die cut the cat out this die also embosses the face impression onto the card stock for placement.  The whiskers are all on one die piece so that makes it easy to adhere them to the face. Also - this is the small cat die set and  completed it measures 2 3/4" from top to bottom and from side to side - from tail edge to bow tail edge on other side is also approx 2 3/4".  A sizeable embellishment and it would also make a nice tag on a treat bag. 


No comments: