Sunday, July 28, 2024

No wasted foils -

Did all the die cutting for the Spellbinder Better Press plates I had foiled yesterday. Once I foiled the plates I also foiled the 'waste' pieces of foils - here is a photo of the spider web I had foiled onto black card stock and then I foiled the piece I peeled off the black card stock,  the 'waste', and I foiled that onto white card stocks:

I foiled the sentiments and then foiled the 'waste' from the sentiments:


Die cut all the sentiments out with the banner dies included in the sets and now I have more than enough holiday sentiment strips for Christmas:





The last Better Press plate I bought on sale is for Halloween and it is a background plate. Once again I foiled that and then foiled it again with the waste:

It is the Pumpkins and Ghost plate. Here it is on white card stock with black foil:

and the black 'waste' foil:

For this one I used holographic rainbow colours foil with a circle design on it:

This one I foiled it with holographic rainbow colours in a striped pattern:

and then the 'waste':


Easy background to foil and use for card fronts. 

While I was foiling I decided to try to foil a small Gemini foiling plate I had picked up awhile ago at the Reconsidered Goods store in Greensboro. It was marked $1.00 and I liked the saying it says so I thought I would give it a try:


I used silver holographic and sparkly holographic foils in silver and gold to foil this onto white card stocks:



and the 'waste':


Happy the Gemini plate worked so well - was not sure if I would have to use a shim or be able to just use the two foiling plates that came with the machine to get a good foiling piece. I will have to say the Better Press plates foil wonderfully and the finished pieces have no over foiling and that is always a good thing.... now to make projects to use all these on!  :0)

No comments: