Sunday, August 4, 2024

Better Press BOO Card

For this card I used the Spider Web BetterPress plate from Spellbinders that I had bought on sale after I saw a video that said all BetterPress plates can be hot foiled. First I hot foiled all my pieces onto black card stock and I used silver holographic foil for this in the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine:

Wanted to use the new "Faux Embroidered Pumpkins" die set Nicole Sphor had designed for Spellbinders for the front of the card. Using scrap card stocks I die cut the pumpkins and I used glittered card stock for the flowers on the pumpkins. The "BOO" is a die from the BOO-Licious die set from Spellbinders:

Hard to see the holographic silver design on the card front with the camera but IRL you can see the sparkle/shine it gives the webs. I used black glittered card stock for the witch hat and orange glittered card stock for the band on the hat. For the green leaves I sponged those using green ink. Used foam tape behind the witch hat pumpkin to give the card front dimension. The glittered flowers add extra sparkle to the card front:

Kept the card simple by keeping with the black card front and the pumpkin coloured card stock card base. The BetterPress plates foil beautifully with no over foiling and the fine lines in the detail show off the foiling. 





No comments: