Sunday, August 18, 2024

Shopping and such - -

Went to the Maxwell Road Yard Sale that is near Fayetteville, NC and held yearly. All I found was:

For the two background stamps, two packages of embellishments, and the Fiskars crimper I paid $4.00 in total. The background stamp on the right is by JudiKins and I really liked that pattern - cleaned up the stamps once they were home and here is the after of those:

The JudiKins background stamp is going to be used for Halloween projects ahead for this year. I was happy to find that and for such a great deal!

In the past I have seen videos of the charity box that SimonSaysStamp that they offer each year and the money you pay for the box all goes to the Huntington Disease Foundation. Since I already went to the one stamp show of the year that I am going to - and now that Impression Obsession/IOStamps has decided to close their doors I will not be going to their yearly Warehouse Sale, I decided to use my craft dollars for a good cause. This week the box I paid for arrived and here is the stack of products inside:

Almost all of what I got I really like -- lots of great products and companies represented in this stash -









I was happy two of the embossing folders in the box are 3D folders I had seen on their site before but did not order - I used foiled card stock to emboss with to show the detailed results. First is their Forest Floor embossing folder that has mushrooms, leaves, and acorns on. I had recently picked up a pack of rust foiled card stock from Mikes on Clearance for $3.00:


Here is my embossed sample piece:


In the photo I put a piece of brown card stock in the embossing folder to show the folder design. The rust embossed piece is the paper from Mikes. As with all my 3D embossing folders I lightly mist my  card stock prior to putting it in the folder to be embossed but I did not mist the foiled pieces - but I was happy the foiled card stock did not crack or break down with the detailed design. Even the back of this embossed foiled piece shows no cracks:


For the other embossing folder I embossed, "Cheery Snowflakes", I used a piece of silver poster board from the Dollar Tree and also a piece of Park Lane (Joanns) holographic card stock:


Again here is a photo of these pieces with the embossing folder:


Again these two silver foiled card stocks did not crack with the embossing:


Never had ordered this charity box before but I was happy with all I received - only about 3 things in there I will not use so I can pass those on but happy with everything else. More products for holiday projects ahead!



No comments: