Sunday, September 8, 2024

MCT Santa Bag Treat Holder

Recently bought the Santa Bag die set from MCT (My-Creative-Time.com). This die set cuts out the Santa bag with a slit near the top of the bag so you can put a gift card in it. I wanted to make this Santa bag into a treat holder so here is a photo of my project:

This die set has four pieces to it - the base piece, a stitched die for the front of the bag, the tie piece, and the trim piece I put white pom poms on. I also used the MCT Create A Treat Bag die set of two that will cut out the piece to make this into a treat holder/box. Here is a side photo of this treat holder to show this box piece in place:

For my treat holder I used red card stock for the base and the stitched front die piece I cut out of red glittered card stock. For the tie to the bag I used white glittered card stock and I also used that for the trim piece that I put white pom poms from the stash on to give the bag front some dimension:

I do not have a photo of it but I used a floral die set from ScrapDivaDesigns for the red flower on the bag front and the gold flower center. I used this die from the stash for the swirl piece behind the flower:

I also used a holly punch from M Stewart for the two holly pieces - both the holly pieces and the swirl piece were cut out of green mirror card stock:


Went through the stash and found a small stamp set from LawnFawn for the greeting on the bag front:

I used black ink and stamped the greeting onto scrap white cardstock. Cut that out using a charm tag die set from Spellbinders:

Easy treat holder to put together - if you use this die set to hold a gift card when attached the bag front to the bag back (base) then use liquid glue just around the edge of the bag front so you can easily insert your gift card. Another cute project from MCT for the holidays ahead....

No comments: