Monday, September 30, 2024

Craft room foiled deco project -

During a shopping trip to the Reconsidered Goods store in Greensboro I came across a hot foil plate that was marked $1.00.  It was a cute saying but not owning any of these hot foil plates by this company I was not sure how well it would work with my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine that I use. Here is a photo of the foil plate:


It is a Gemini foil plate and it reads: "I'm so crafty I sweat glitter". I wanted to hot foil it and I also wanted frames that would be upright so they would fit on a small shelf or on the work table and not take up much space for a craft room deco project. I decided on clear acrylic frames on Amazon that I thought would work but before I ordered those I tried out the plate in the hot foil machine..... it worked well so I ordered the acrylic frames off Amazon.  I decided I would make one framed piece for me and one for the DSD. Here is a photo of mine with the red and gold:

For mine I used holographic gold foil from Spellbinders to hot foil the plate. I foiled it onto white card stock. I used holographic gold card stock and I cut a rectangle frame to frame the foiled piece. I put this onto red card stock, cut to size for the frame, and that was done. I wanted the back to look neat so I cut another piece of the red card stock for the back:

The one I made for the DSD is in teal and silver as teal is her favorite colour:

For hers I had holographic teal foil and I hot foiled it with that plate onto white card stock. Then for her rectangle frame I used silver holographic card stock in the stash. Again for the back I used the teal card stock:

Not a bad deal for a 1.00 hot foil plate by Gemini. These frames from Amazon are nice because they stand upright and are sturdy frames. A fun project and cute deco project for our craft rooms!

No comments: