Monday, September 30, 2024

Used stamping supply sale --

 My PIC (stamping Partner in Crime) stopped over and picked me up and we headed to a used stamping supply sale we have shopped in the past. This sale is held at a ladies house yearly and she used to be a demonstrator for SU so in the past her yearly sales are mostly all SU products. This year she is no longer a demonstrator so I was not sure what to expect --- but happily I did find a few finds to add to my craft room for projects ahead... 

Was not looking for anything in particular but happy I was able to find Pumpkin Pie card stock still sealed and I think it was $3.50 or $4.00 which is a good deal since SU sells this size card stock for $11.00 per pack now. I also picked up two ink pads - one with the re-inker and one with the marker:

I think the ink pad with the extras were $3.00 or $3.50 per the set of two. I also bought a JOY die by Penny Black - already on a magnet sheet and in an envelope for $2.00:


Also in the above photo with the JOY die is a border die by Quickutz and it is the Evergreens die set and I paid $1.00 for that.

For the SU stamp sets with matching punches or dies she had them all spread out on her dining room table, in stacks if there were multiples of that stamp set. As I looked at the stamps on the table I would look through the multiples on the table of the same set - more than one stack would have 3 or 4 stamp sets and they all had different prices. So if I were to buy from a multiple stack I would check the condition and to be sure all pieces were in there, and then check for the cheapest price. One stack had a $6 price tag on the stamp set, the next set had an $8 price, and the last set was marked $12 so after I looked at all sets to be sure they were complete and in good condition I would take the cheaper stamp set and put it in the bag.... I picked up the Apple Builder punch:

The punch was $4 and the Rose kit was $3.00. I also picked up the Sweet Strawberry stamp set and matching punch and that was about $13.00 for the two:

The best deal I found was the Pines stamp with matching dies sold for $12 (?) and I was happy to bring that home:

Once home I put all the dies on the inside of the stamp case with the stamps so it will be stored together for easy use:


Glad all the dies were with the set as sometimes when you shop a used sale not all pieces are there together. 

Happy to find a few things to add to the craft room at affordable prices and a great selection. She had lots of printed card stock for sale, brads, ribbons, trims, markers, die cutting machine, steel ruled dies, storage containers, kits, ink pads, etc. But was careful to only pick up items I know I will use and not get caught up with the great prices......

No comments: