Sunday, July 12, 2020

Glittered Butterflies


Finally found the faux leather ribbon at Hobby Lobby I have seen other crafters use on their projects on YouTube and some blogs. Hobby Lobby only had one of these that was glittered so I picked it up for a project I wanted to make. Happy me all ribbon spools were 50% off on sale.  Here is a photo of the label:


I used a Sizzix steel ruled butterflies die that cuts a larger butterfly and a smaller butterfly. Here is a photo to show the front and back of this glittered faux leather ribbon:


Here are three of the butterflies I cut out:



The ribbon has a fabric texture to it so it is not stiff like a card stock would be. I cut the smaller butterfly out of this glittered ribbon and for the larger butterfly I used a stiff silver glittered card stock from Mikes. I used Glossy Accents to attach the smaller butterfly on top of the larger silver butterfly. I cut out the body piece from the sliver card stock and attached that also with Glossy Accents. I added clear crystals from the stash to that. Here is a better photo of one of the butterflies:


This is a good sized butterfly and it will work well on a large paperclip or on a clothespin as an embellishment. The camera did not capture all the sparkle and shine of the sparkled ribbon or sparkled card stock. These are very shiny and sparkly IRL.

As with any glittered card stock and a steel rule die the die was covered in glitter when I finished all the die cutting:


To remove this glitter I used a lint roller and ran that over the die a couple of times and now it is ready for the next project:


Hoping my Hobby Lobby will get this faux leather ribbon in other colours with the holiday season ahead. Lots of projects to use this faux leather for besides just for bows.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awesome, Candee! Love all that sparkle!

Brenda said...

Your butterflies are just beautiful and I can imagine how sparkly they are in real life! Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thank you Candee for info on faux leather ribbon, you always share with your projects and finds. Hugs and smiles, Reva