Sunday, August 16, 2020

Treat Bag Fall Topper


Had seen a video by "PaintsandGlitter" featuring her fall embellishments on YouTube and that prompted my latest project. I had a few of the die sets she used but not the Marianne Designs Raccoon die set. I was able to find a new die set of this on Etsy and it arrived this week:


For my fall embellishments I decided I would use them for a treat bag topper for Thanksgiving. Here is a photo of some of my bag toppers flat:


and the bag toppers standing up:


For my bag toppers I used #110 weight kraft card stock from Mikes. I die cut out all the toppers I would need before I began the raccoon pieces. Here is a photo of that die:


I used all scraps to die cut the raccoons and I put them all together using liquid glue. Set those aside to dry. I used the Rosette die from Sizzix for my rosettes and I used various fall printed card stocks from the stash for those. Some of my papers are lighter weight than others so for each of my rosettes I used a 2 1/2" circle punch and punched out solid circles for the rosette base to give them some weight. .

For the "autumn" banner I used the Brenda Walton die from Sizzix and I die cut out a solid card stock banner and then a white or cream banner to put the "autumn" die cut on - again used liquid glue for that. For the "autumn" words I used various glittered card stocks from the stash. Here is a photo of the die set I used for the banner:


For the "autumn" word I used a Karen Burniston die set from my stash:


I used hot glue to put the rosette on the solid circle base. I used either gold or sliver metallic thread for each rosette and added that with the hot glue in the center. Put the raccoon over the thread in the center of the rosette and then added the word banner to each one. Here is a closer photo of some of the bag toppers to show the raccoons as well as the metallic thread on the rosette:




For the flower on her head I used a small flower punch and scrap card stocks. Added gems from the stash to each one. This raccoon rosette fits perfectly on the bag topper for the treat bags. Happy I saw her video and thanks to Raquel for sharing her embellishments for inspiration. The raccoon is super cute and am sure I will be using the die again for other projects. . . 


2 comments:

Brenda said...

These coon toppers are adorable Candee! Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

These are adorable, Candee!