Thursday, September 16, 2021

Bag Toppers

 Saw the Pumpkin Treat Topper Die set from My-Creative-Time.com from their new release so I placed my order. Was not long before this die set joined the craft room:

On the My-Creative-Time blog there are photos of projects made with this die set and of course I followed the lead and made BOO Day Treat Toppers first -- using only scraps from the stash:


Their sample used a witch hat from one of their previous die sets but I do not have that set. Dug out the witch hat dies I had and found this one that fits the top of the pumpkin bag topper well. This photo shows two of the bag toppers I made using things from the stash:


Besides using scraps for my toppers I also tried to use items I already had in the stash - the pumpkin on the left has part of a glittered tulle spider web on the left side. That glittered tulle is from the Dollar Tree and using scissors I cut out part of the glittered spider web on the tulle and I put it on the front of the pumpkin bag topper. The bag topper on the right I used a piece of the plastic mesh packaging that comes from the grocery store on front of the topper piece. Both the glittered tulle and plastic mesh adds texture to the bag topper pieces. The plastic bat on the topper on the right was a ring and I snipped off the ring piece and used hot glue to put it on the front of the topper.

On the backs of the toppers I have added different die cut pieces I had in the stash and they are all different. On this sample I used black glittered card stock:


Fun bag toppers to put together for BOO Day. . 

I also made toppers for Thanksgiving using scrap prints and different colours:


Also:


Lastly:

For the Thanksgiving bag toppers I wanted to use up more of the speckled card stock I have in the stash:

I had used this card stock on other projects so using it for the bag toppers helped to use up some of the cut pieces I had left over for the bag toppers. I used wooden stamps from the stash for the greeting on the fronts of the toppers and various inks for those. For the swirly leaf pieces I used a die from Divinity Designs, the leaf was cut out using a die set from Tessler Crafts that I had picked up at one of the stamp shows I had attended. The small bows were made using the small bow die from Pink&Main. Crystals and sequins are from the stash. The back of the Thanksgiving holders are blank now but I can stamp them later or maybe add a die cut greeting to them for the holiday. 

This is a nice die set as you can also make shaker bag toppers with it or just die cut the pumpkin piece for a card front or tag front. This set will get lots of use for the upcoming holidays!

No comments: