Sunday, May 14, 2023

Cinnamon Roll Hack

Had seen a video short by Kristin's Friends Cooking on YouTube for the TikTok Cinnamon Roll hack so I decided to give this a try . . .  As I was assembling this recipe I took photos on the phone to text to my niece in Pennsylvania as she loves to cook and we share recipes. Here is a photo of the items needed for this recipe:

Items needed:

Two 8 count cans of cinnamon rolls

1 cup Heavy WHIPPING cream

1 stick melted butter

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 teaspoons of cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/3 cup chopped pecans

Here is a photo collection of this recipe I took:

Using butter I greased the pan - upper right photo - I spread out the cinnamon rolls. I have 5 rows of three rolls so with the 16th roll I pulled that apart and just tucked it between the other rolls in the pan. The photo on the left shows the heavy whipping cream poured over the cinnamon rolls. 

The photo below that shows the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, sea salt mixed and spread over the rolls. Photo to the right of that shows I sprinkled the chopped pecans over the rolls - you do not have to add nuts if you do not want to. The photo on the lower left shows the foil covered pan ready to go into the oven. You bake these in a pre heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Once you take them out of the oven you remove the foil and your cinnamon rolls will look like the bottom right photo. 

I put the pan on a cookie cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes and then I drizzled the glaze from the cinnamon roll cans over the rolls --

The photo on the right shows a cinnamon roll out of the pan and cut with a fork. These are very good and easy to prepare. A simple breakfast for a holiday or company. I was concerned the heavy whipping cream could make the cinnamon rolls too moist but it did not. GLAZE -- when I opened the two cans of the cinnamon rolls I removed the glaze containers and I left them on the stove top while the rolls were baking. This warmed up the glaze and I did not have any problems drizzling it over the cooled rolls. Remember once you remove the rolls from the oven, remove the foil, and let them cool for the 10-15 minutes or they will be too hot for the glaze topping and they will just absorb the glaze. This way you can see the glaze frosting on the tops. Thanks to Kristin for sharing her recipe and video for this TikTok hack!

No comments: