Monday, May 29, 2023

Floral Card Fronts

 Finally had time to work on floral card fronts that I have wanted to make. These card fronts have embossing folders with matching stencils for easy ink blending to add colour to the flowers. Here is a photo of some of the finished stenciled pieces:



The pink sample was made using the Vintage Lace 3D embossing folder and stencil set from Altenew. To make this card front I cut my white card stocks to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Once I put the card stock in the embossing folder I lightly misted the front of the card stock with water and ran it thru the die cutting machine to emboss this design. I did this same thing with the blue rose sample. Set these aside to dry.

Cut my coloured card stocks to the sizes I needed for the card base and card front. Set those aside. With the stencil in place over the embossed pieces I added ink to the design using blender brushes. Once all the blending was done I cleaned my stencils and trimmed the floral pieces to the size I needed for my card fronts:



Assembled the layered card fronts. Put them on the card stock bases using liquid glue. The floral designs can be used for many different occasion cards. Now I have to hot foil my sentiments or maybe heat emboss them - will have to see what I have in the stash... For a crafter that can not do colouring with Copics and such these embossing folders and matching stencils certainly let me have that "look" of a card that was coloured.  The Altenew 3D embossing folder embosses well with one pass in the machine and has lots of detail on the design:



No comments: