Sunday, May 28, 2023

Patriotic Pull Aparts

 A few years back Simon Hurley introduced his line of background stamps which he called Peel-Aways. These background stamp designs come apart so you can use them as a solid background piece or take it apart and make a partial background or to use that stamp piece as a stripe or border on a project. These separated stamp pieces fit easily into the background stamp for a solid background again. Now Taylored Expressions has introduced their separating stamps - Pull Aparts - and I bought their new Patriotic Pull Aparts for cards and tags I am making. 

Here is photo of these stamps:

The stars part of the stamp can be removed so you can easily stamp the striped part of the stamp. I used scrap card stock and cut that to size and put it in the MISTI. Then I laid the stamps on the card stock with pieces together:

I took the striped halves of the stamps off the MISTI and I inked and stamped the stars stamps using Catherine Pooler Dress Blues ink:

With those stamped I put the striped part of the stamp back under the stars pieces for stamping:

Took the stars pieces off and inked the stripes with red ink and stamped those:


I cleaned the stamps when the stamping was done and the stamps cleaned up easily:


On the TE YouTube channel they demonstrated these Pull-Apart stamps and made a patriotic card. Altho I do not have all the products they had I used items from my stash and made my own cards - I made a card using kraft card stock as they did, and I made a red and a white card. Here is a photo of the three cards:


For my patriotic background I used a background stamp from Divinity Designs:

This is the Old Flag background stamp and I bought this stamp at a stamp show long ago. I felt it worked for the backgrounds on the cards as it has a lot of shadows on it and interest. I used Pebble ink from Catherine Pooler to ink this because that is the lightest gray ink I have in my stash. 

For the card on kraft card stock I inked the edges of the background and the heart piece using brown ink and for the other two cards I used a light gray ink for the background edges and the edges of the heart and star pieces. The banners used are also from Taylored Expressions - their new release Fly Your Flag clear stamp and matching banner die set. I used brown ink for some of the words and blue ink for the others. 

Cut all the card stock bases and scored them at the top. Trimmed my background pieces to the size I needed for the card fronts and sponged the edges. Stamped, die cut, and sponged the edges of the hearts and star pieces. Used liquid glue to put the background piece on the card front. Used thin foam tape to put the heart or star pieces on the card front. Used pop dots to put the banner pieces over the hearts/stars on the card fronts. Added red sequins using Glossy Accents to the card fronts. 

Love the heart/star pull apart stamps as you get such a clear/clean stamped impression without having to mask off part of the stamp and having to use markers or something. 

Happy to add these two new TE products to the craft room and happy I was able to use more of my scrap white card stock for the cards as well as the Divinity Designs background stamp I also had in my stash. The heart/star stamps are approx 3" or so in width so these look good on a card front but can also be used as a tag or a decoration for a holiday table or on a treat holder.. 



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wonderful patriotic cards, Candee! I hope you've had a great Memorial Day weekend!