Sunday, August 20, 2023

Shopping and additions - - -

Happy that my pre-order for the Halloween dies by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions arrived yesterday from DiesRUs. Here are photos of the three dies I ordered:


And put on the magnet card for storage:

Really like the bats/web border die and already have a project in the works using that die. Cute additions for BOO Day projects.. 

Also had ordered Halloween words by KSCrafts off Amazon and that die set also arrived yesterday:

I like the words in this set and the shadow die pieces included. The words are:

haunted, boo, potion, candy, and spider

Also - I have taken classes by Bonnie Klass nearby and she sent out an email earlier in the week that her daughter was no longer using her card making supplies and that Bonnie had them all at her house. She said in the email that she was giving these supplies away for any donations we would bring for a nearby food bank. So my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) asked me if I wanted to go and so we made the plan to go - Once we arrived Bonnie explained she also had items from one of the crafters that I met at classes, Barb.  Barb also had sold items at the customer yard sale that is held by the Enchanted Cottage store in Lewisville, NC, which I shop every year. I used to shop Barb's table at the sale every year and she always had such a great selection and prices. Unfortunately she has passed away so Bonnie was also offering items from Barb's craft room. I was happy to be able to bring these punches home for my craft room:

Happy to have the SU 2 1/2" circle punch as well as the SU large oval punch -- will use that punch to make bunnies, layered pumpkins, or oval pieces for a face. I also picked up a few rectangle frame die sets:

Also picked up brads, an IO berries die, and a clear block - here is a photo of the dies and block:

I use the larger clear blocks when I am gluing projects together and such. Barb had boxes and boxes of the wooden block stamps and I brought 9 of the stamps home with me. I also picked up various packs of SU coloured card stocks that were in a file box - 

Will sort those by colour and put those away but happy to find those as well. Sad we have lost a crafter but will be sure to enjoy the products from her craft room that are new to mine.  Thanks to Bonnie for offering us these crafting items and for dropping off our donations to the food bank. 

Once my PIC and I left Bonnie's we stopped at Mikes and I picked up some of the solid card stocks that were on sale -- holographic and foil -- for Halloween projects that I am working on... Rarely shop at Mikes anymore due to their small coupons and sales but sometimes you just have to go..... These two packs of specialty card stock should last me so happy to get those and esp on sale.....  Thanks to my PIC for picking me up and driving us all over yesterday!!

Hoping to finish up some of the many projects I have already in progress so I can post them... but my part time job is now a full time job with overtime ( :0( ...... ) so I have limited time for my crafts but do get in the craft room when I can..... So hoping to catch up on posting again soon..... 


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

It was good to see you again, Candee! I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your finds. Barb would be happy seeing you enjoy them too.