Saturday, September 26, 2015

Birthday Petals Card


Had seen the recent email from Frenchiestamps.com and she did a card with the splatter technique and since I had not used that technique in some time I decided to use it on this card I made:


For the flower stamps I used the Painted Petals stamp set from Stampin Up. Stamped them using my MISTI tool. Once those were done I cut and stamped the inside piece:


For the inside of the card I inked the flower stamp and stems and stamped them off onto scrap card stock and then stamped them on my inside piece. The inside greeting is a stamp from Great Impressions.

For the front of the card stock I stamped "happy birthday" on the lower front of the stamped floral piece using a stamp from a hostess set from Stampin Up Express Yourself.

Frenchie has a how-to video on her blog for this splatter technique and remember to be careful when you make your card pieces so you are not "splattering" everything nearby. Once my pieces were stamped I put them in an opened card board box and then did the splattering so the ink did not get all over the place.

This card went together quickly and thanks to Frenchie for her video on this older technique with all her tips and hints. TFL and YOLO.

No comments: