Sunday, September 13, 2015

BOO Bags


Recent trip to Walmart and I came across these Halloween printed cello bags for treats. Here is a photo of the spider bags and packaging:


The package has the bags, silver twist ties, and pre-printed perforated "Happy Halloween" labels. But did not want to just use these bags as a 'sack' but wanted them to be free standing. So I took out a bag and measured the width of the bag and then opened the bag and measured the pleated sides. Took these two measurements and subtracted 1/4" from each measurement and then I cut out a piece of white card stock for the inside bottom of my bags -- cut my white card stock piece 2 1/2" x 4 3/4". Opened the bag and put this cut white card stock at the bottom of the bag, flat -- this makes it possible for this bag to be free standing. Here is a bag from the side:


Did not want to fill my bags too soon with candies so for my photos I put paper shred inside the bag. Will add the candies the week of Halloween.

Using the Sizzix Scalloped Tag Combo #2 I cut out two black tags and used scrap card stock to decorate the tags. Used the perforated Happy Halloween labels in the bag package and took two of the labels off. Since they are perforated the edges were all bumpy so I used the trimmer to trim those edges off so my Happy Halloween labels have smooth, straight edges.

Gathered up the tops of the bags to close them and for the orange chevron bag I tied black and orange ribbon around that. For the spider bag I used black tulle to tie it shut.



Added a ghost to the chevron bag tag and a shiny bug to the spider tag -- again no stamping involved.  These are easy treat holders to put together and perfect for place settings at a table or treat holders to hand out to family and friends. TFL and YOLO

No comments: