Saturday, December 10, 2016

Detailed Santa Card


When I saw this stamp/die bundle in the Stampin Up holiday catalog I was not too impressed with the project in the catalog showing these products. Did not order it... but then saw more and more projects being done with these products and I watched the video by Kristin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5FkQVqBIWA

I ordered the bundle and here is my version of her card:


Used white #110 weight card stock from Mikes for the card stock base. The Santa piece is white card stock from PaperTreyInk. Cut out the die in the Big Shot and then stamped a stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set Greetings from Santa. I stamped that with Memento black ink.

For my Santa I used flocked red card stock for the hat and a black foil card stock for his glasses. Cut these out and put the hat piece in the die cut piece and a piece of Scotch tape is holding this hat in the die on the back. For the glasses I used a glue pen to put them on Santa's face.  Here is a photo to show the shine of the glasses using the black foil card stock:


With the hat and glasses in place I then added the red ribbon and tied an extra piece of ribbon onto that. Put adhesive strips behind the die cut piece and put this onto the card front. Easy card to put together and thanks to Kristin for sharing her card and ideas. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This is AWESOME! The best I've seen using this die!