Friday, December 23, 2016

Quick Treat Holder


Went to Hobby Lobby this week and like other stores they had their Christmas items on sale for 50% or more. I picked up a roll of their holiday gift wrap --


Their wrapping paper is heavier than some of the stores so I knew it would work well with the die cutting machine. Dug through the steel rule die cabinet and decided to use this treat bag die from Sizzix:


I bought a roll of dotted holiday wrapping paper so I could use it for Christmas, Valentine's Day, summertime, and other events. This way I do not have a huge roll of wrapping paper covered in Christmas trees or Santa or some other seasonal image. I cut a piece of the wrapping paper a bit larger than the die and then die cut it out. To put it together I used red sticky tape.

Wanted the front of the bag decorated for Christmas but something that would be easy to put together and not too busy -- used the Stampin Up Santa Sleigh Thinlit die set and cut out a reindeer and a wreath. Used the small bow punch from Hobby Lobby to punch out a small red foil bow to put on the wreath. Used glue dots to put the wreath onto the reindeer and then a glue pen to put the bow onto the wreath. Pop dots were used to put the reindeer onto the treat bag:


Inside this treat bag is a Fun Size M&Ms bag of candy. This is a quick treat holder for a favor or stuffed in a stocking or at the holiday table. For my holder I wanted the side and bottom seams to be on the back of my holder but it really could be used either way.  Quick and easy. TFL

No comments: