Monday, May 15, 2017

Black or White Botanical Card


Just bought the Stampin Up Botanicals For You stamp set at a used stamping supply sale and wanted to make up two cards -- one embossed with black embossing powder and the other with white embossing powder. I also used a second stamp set I bought at that sale -- Watercolor Wash.

To make these cards I cut and scored my card stock base. Set that aside. Then I cut the coloured front panel piece for each card and set that aside. For the embossed card front I used the Mixed Media card stock from Strathmore that I bought at Mikes with a coupon. Using the stamping buddy I went over the card fronts. I used Versa Mark ink and inked the "just for you" and stamped this onto the card fronts. Embossed the black letters using black Zing embossing powder. The second card embossed with white I used the Stampin Up white embossing powder. Here are the finished cards:


For the blue card on the left after I used three distress inks on the background Watercolor Wash stamp in the MISTI I used a fine mister and spritzed water over the inked stamp. Stamped this onto the white card stock. Once that was stamped I used the fine mister and spritzed more water into my hand and then I sprinkled that over the blue image. Used a clean kleenex to absorb the larger drops of water. Once dried I put the card pieces together using the ATG. Added blue sequins using micro mini glue dots.

For the yellow card on the right I inked the Watercolor Wash stamp with three distress inks and used the find mister to spritz water onto the inked stamp. Stamped my image and used a kleenex to clean the ink off the embossed letters. Once dried I put the card pieces together using the ATG. Added fabric flowers with brads to the card front using glue dots. Here is the blue card:


And the yellow card:


Like both cards using the Watercolor Wash background stamp. Works well in the MISTI also. Easy card to put together. TFL

No comments: