Monday, May 15, 2017

Whirl Wreath Card


A Christmas card in May ....  Used the my new Penny Black Whirl Wreath die for this card. I tried to follow the layout I had seen on the board showing this die at the store but I do not have all the products they used so I used what I have on hand:


The card stock base is Crumb Cake card stock from Stampin Up. The cream card front panel is #110 weight card stock from Mikes. I used the Close To My Heart Wood Slats embossing folder for the pattern on the card front.

Cut and scored the Crumb Cake card stock for the card base. Then  I used Crumb Cake ink and inked the raised side of the embossing folder.  I put the cream card stock inside and closed that. Ran the brayer over the closed folder to transfer the ink and pattern to the card stock. Trimmed that to the size I needed for the card front. Used the ATG and put this stamped piece onto the card stock base. Set that aside.

Here is a photo of the Penny Black Whirl Wreath die I bought on Saturday:


Using scrap Crumb Cake card stock I cut out the wreath using the Big Shot. Used TomBow glue to put adhesive around the inside center ring of the wreath. Put this onto the stamped card front. For the "Joy" I used a Christmas die for that and cut that out of copper coloured foil card stock. Once that was cut out I decided I wanted that word to have some dimension so this is how I did that.

In this photo you can see a tear tab from a Scotties kleenex box. I cut the "Joy" out of that and then the foil card stock. Put them together using the TomBow glue:




The cardboard tear tab is a thin cardboard but thick enough for dimension. With the wreath on the card front I used micro mini glue dots and put the "Joy" on the front of the wreath. I wanted to use different "bling" to decorate the wreath so here is a closer photo to show the different things I put on the wreath for decoration:


I used solid sequins, sparkly sequins, white pearls, white pearls I used a bronze Sharpie marker on to add colour, and a small hole punch to punch out small circles from the scrap foil card stock.  All "bling" was added to the wreath using micro mini glue dots. The pearls are higher than the sequins with a dull finish and that works with the sparkly sequins and the foil circles. Very simple holiday card to put together and would look nice in any colour combination. TFL

No comments: