Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Penned Petals Card


Had seen this card by Patty Bennett on her blog:

http://www.pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2016/08/penned-and-painted-appreciation-cards.html

I liked her cards and made a few changes for mine and here is my version of her cards:


My card stock base is Stampin' Up Cameo Coral and the pink front piece is Pretty in Pink. The stamped white card front is by GP.

Cut and scored the card stock base with the scored line on the side of the card. Cut the pink piece to the size I needed for the card front. For the white/GP piece I cut that 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and then did my stamping on it. Trimmed it to the size I wanted for the card front once all the stamping was complete.

For the stamps used on the card front I used the Two Step stamp set from Stampin' Up Penned and Painted. Here is a photo of the stamps I used on their stamp blocks:


I stamped the largest flower, randomly, all over the white/GP card stock using Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette ink. Then I stamped the detailed flower stamp over that using Cameo Coral ink. Using Old Olive ink I stamped my largest detailed stamp onto a Post-It note and cut that out with scissors. This piece will be my mask for my flowers so I can stamp the leaf stamps without getting green ink onto my flowers. Here is a photo of the mask before I cut it out:


I placed the stamped mask piece over my flowers and then stamped my two leaf stamps using the Old Olive ink. The detailed leaf stamp I inked up the stamp and stamped it. The softer green leaf was stamped using the stamp-off method. I inked the stamp and stamped it onto scratch paper and then stamped the leaves on the card front so the leaf center is lighter than the detailed leaf stamped image.

For the small yellow flowers on my card front I used that same stamp set and the Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight ink and randomly stamped those around the flowers. Also I used that small flower for the center of my flowers as Patty did on hers. Here is a better photo of the flower centers:


Patty used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set for the dots on her card front but I wanted to use smaller and less dots on my card front. For my dots I used the berry stamp from the Stampin' Up Holley Berry Happiness stamp set from Stampin' Up and again I used the Daffodil Delight ink to stamp those dots all over my card front to fill in the blank white areas.

For my greeting "For You" I used the Stampin' Up Thoughtful Branches stamp set and stamped that onto scrap white/GP card stock using the Cameo Coral ink. I cut this out using the Stampin' Up Layering Circles die set. Cut out the white circle and than a scalloped circle, using that same die set, out of Pretty In Pink card stock. Put the two circles together using the ATG. Set it aside. Using the ATG I put the trimmed stamped card front onto the pink piece and then onto the coral card stock base. To add dimension to the card front I used pop dots for the greeting circle. Added three small white pearls to the greeting piece.

This is an easy card to put together. I suggest before you start to have all the stamps you want to stamp with on their blocks with the inks you want to use with them ready for use. Fun card to make and thanks to Patty for sharing her card.  TFL


No comments: