Sunday, May 14, 2017

Same card -- Three ways


Using the die by Penny Black "in a row" I made three cards three ways using a layout I had seen in the store I bought the die at. Simple card and just by using a coloured mat and changing the stamped greeting this card layout works well.

Here is a photo of the birds die and the die cut pieces I cut using #110 weight black card stock from Mikes:


Once all the bird pieces were cut out I cut and scored my black card stock base using the #110 weight black card stock. Used a bone folder and creased the scored line for the top of my cards. For the white card fronts I used the Mixed Media card stock by Strathmore (thanks Bonnie for that tip) and I cut my card fronts to the sizes I wanted for the cards.

Using cheap water colour paints I used six colours for the card fronts. Here is the first card:


For this card I let the water colour paints dry naturally.While that was drying I flicked water colour paints onto the card front piece in a couple of different colours. Using a stamp from a stamp set by SU, "Express Yourself",  I stamped "get well" in the lower right corner using the Memento black ink. I used the ATG and put this stamped piece onto a piece of lavender card stock cut to the size I needed for the card front. Then put these pieces onto the black card stock base. I used micro mini glue dots to adhere the birds die cut piece to the card front.

This is the second card:


For the second card I did not use a coloured mat. Once the water colouring was done I flicked different paints over that and set it aside to dry. Using the SU stamp set "Happy Day" I stamped "hello there" in Memento black ink on the lower right corner of the card front. Put this piece onto the black card stock base. Used micro mini glue dots to put the birds die cut piece on the card front.

Here is the last card:


This last card I did the water colouring and then used the heat tool to set that. This gives the water colouring a different look once dried. I also did not flick water colour paint over the card front. Using the SU stamp set "Greatest Greetings" from last weekend's used stamp sale I went to,  I stamped "sending smiles" on the lower right corner using the Memento black ink. Using the micro mini glue dots I added the birds die cut piece.

Cut a piece of turquoise card stock for the mat for this card front. Used the ATG to put the white card front piece onto the coloured mat. Then put these pieces onto the black card stock base. To finish this card I added three white sequins.

Very easy card to put together... longest time in making these cards is letting the water colour paints dry naturally. Remember if your card stock should get wavy when you cover it with water simply turn over the card stock and add water to the backside. This will make the card stock lay flat while you are applying your water colour paints. Fun card to put together. TFL

No comments: