Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Autumn Harvest Card


Saw and ordered the Sunny Studios Happy Harvest stamp and die set and have not had any time to do much of anything with it other than taking it out of the packaging....  Finally was able to make this card using a technique I have wanted to try like forever..... Was able to use one the stamps from the Happy Harvest stamp sets:


This card was very easy to make and IRL is very dimensional. First the card stock base is kraft card stock with Pumpkin Pie for the card front. The white piece on the card front covered in leaves is a piece of white/GP.

To begin I cut and scored the kraft card stock base with the fold at the side.  Cut the Pumpkin Pie piece to the size I needed. Cut the white/GP piece to the exact size I wanted for the card front. Using a leaves stencil from my stash I laid the stencil over the card front white/GP piece on my craft mat. I used Texture Paste from Ranger to cover the leaves stencil. (Not Embossing Paste).. With the stencil covered I gently lifted the stencil off the card stock and put the stencil into plastic container with warm water - this keeps the paste moist so it is easy to get it off the stencil when I wiped the stencil clean. I let the stenciled leaves white/GP dry naturally.

Once the stenciled piece was totally dry I laid my cleaned and dried stencil over the stenciled piece lining the stencil over the stenciled leaves. With that in place I used washi tape to hold that in place. Using various distressed inks I added ink to my leaves using a sponge applicator for each colour:


For the greeting I cut a piece of white/GP to the size I wanted and stamped the greeting stamp using brown ink. Added a piece of green checked washi tape to the left side of that piece. Using the same distress inks I used on the stenciled leaves I covered a scrap piece of white/GP with inks. Used a leaf die and cut out a leaf.  Used clear Wink of Stella and covered the leaf so it would add some shimmer and shine to the banner piece:


Used the ATG and put the card layers together and then put them onto the kraft card stock base. Added various sequins to the card front for some sparkle. Here is a photo to show the leaves on the card front and the dimension the texture paste gives them:


Fun technique and love how easy it was to use on the stencil for the card front. TFL

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love this Candee! Fall will be calling soon. Hugs, Brenda