Sunday, August 5, 2018
Morning Glory Cards
While searching for cards with card fronts with a floral background I came across this video on YouTube by Justine H.:
I have only one floral background stamp from Rubber Cottage and it is very small daisy flowers. I liked the Morning Glory Garden background stamp used in the video so I ordered one from www.thetonstamps.com . Here is a photo of this background stamp underneath a background stamp I have from Impression Obsession to show this stamp is larger:
In the video she made 5 cards using this background stamp in different ways. I like the stamp because the flowers are large and some of the flowers on the stamp have solid images. There also is not a directional pattern so you can use any part of the stamp to ink your card stock. Here are the two cards I made using this background stamp:
Both cards are on a #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. To make the cards I cut and scored the white card stock bases at the top and set aside. Cut white/GP card stock to the size I needed for my card fronts.
Ran the anti static bag over the card front piece. Used VersaMark ink and inked the floral background stamp and laid the white/GP card stock on that. Put a piece of copy paper over that and rubbed the card stock front into the ink on the background stamp. Used Stampendous white embossing powder and embossed the card front. Let that cool and covered it with three blue distress inks:
Using the MFT Label Maker stamp set I stamped "Just A Hello" onto white/GP card stock using ColorBox black ink using the MISTI. Using scissors I cut these pieces out. Used the ATG and put the distressed card front onto the white card stock base. Used tear and tape and put the three word pieces onto the card front. Using two M Stewart butterfly punches I punched out a white and a turquoise butterfly. Put them together using TomBow glue. Added three clear crystals to the center of the butterfly. Put this on the card front using glue dots. Added clear sequins to the card front using micro mini glue dots. Here is a photo to show the solid embossed part of the card front:
For the red card I did all the above steps but used three red distressed inks for the card front. Used the ATG and put this onto the white card stock base. Stamped the "birthday" for the card front. Cut that out with scissors and put it on the card front using tear and tape.
For the "happy" I cut that out of red foil card stock backed with Stick It Sheet. Cut that die out of a kleenex box lid and put the foil "happy" onto the card board "happy" for dimension. Used the clear TomBow glue to add the "happy" above the 'birthday' on the card front. Here is a photo to show the dimension the card board behind the word "happy" gives it:
Used diamond Stickles and added three drops to the card front. Here is a better photo of the front of the card:
This next photo shows the dark red ink I added to the center of one of the flowers to give it depth:
This is a nice floral design for a background and the distressed inks helps it to look different on each card made. Easy cards to put together. Thanks to Justine H. for sharing her ideas on her video. TFL