Tuesday, August 14, 2018
PTI Christmas Projects
*** This card was chosen as a Favorites of the Week on Splitcoast Stampers. Thanks to Bonnie for selling me this PTI stamp and die set from her stash! Thanks to Shirl for adding it to her Favorites of the Week list! ***
Recently bought a new-to-me stamp set from Paper Trey Ink - Polka Dot Parade #9. I bought the stamp set and the matching die. Here is the Christmas card I made using these new-to-me products:
Card stock base is kraft cut and scored a the top. Used white/GP for the card front and gingham card stock from Hobby Lobby that I cut on the diagonal for my card front. Used a scalloped rectangle frame from the stash and cut out a frame from kraft card stock. Put the frame over a piece of white/GP cut to the size I needed to fit behind the frame.
Using the Polka Dot Parade stamps I stamped all the tree layer stamps using red ink onto white/GP card stock which I had die cut using the matching tree die. Put these onto the kraft card stock frame piece using double layered glue dots:
Used the ATG and put the framed piece onto the card front. Added three red sequins to the tree and used a bow punch for the red foil bow. Put the bow on the frame piece using a glue dot:
The above photo also shows the holiday washi tape I put across the bottom of the card front to complete the card. Fun stamp and die set and happy to be able to buy it!!
PTI -- PaperTreyInk.com -- had seen this video on YouTube by Jill Norwood showing the tags she made using the PTI Enclosed: Bell die set:
Loved her bell tags and I ordered a Bell die set for myself. That arrived yesterday and here are the bell tags I just made:
Easy bell tags to put together - first I decided what printed card stocks I would use for the front of the tag. With that decided I then decided what solid card stock to use on the back of the bell tags. With card stocks decided I cut out the solid back pieces. Stamped "to" and "from" on those with inks to match the tags. Die cut the front printed bell pieces. (I backed those with Stick It Sheet for adhesive). Set the solid bell backs and printed bell fronts aside.
Using the foil poster sheets from Hobby Lobby she suggests I cut out the "Joy" bell die piece as well as the bell clapper piece from the foil sheets I was using for my bells. I also backed those with the Stick It Sheets since liquid glue could make a mess on the foil die cut pieces. With everything stamped and die cut I began assembly.
First I put all the bell clappers on the printed bell front pieces. Turned that over and put the stamped bell back pieces onto those. With the front and back pieces together I turned it back over and put the foil "Joy" die cut pieces on the printed bell fronts - using the Stick It Sheets for adhesive made this job quick and easy. With all "Joy" pieces in place now I could add ribbons and anything else I wanted to add to the bells. The black print bell has a holly die cut piece on that, the blue has a small snowflake that was punched out of the foil sheet, the green bell I used a bow die for the bow at the top of the bell. Added a crystal from my stash to each clapper to give it some sparkle and shine. Closer to the holiday I will add more jingle bells and holiday icons tied to the ribbons at the tops of the bells. Here is a photo to show the back of the tags:
This is a nice die set and the bells are a nice size for holiday tags. Thanks to Jill for sharing her holiday bell tags and video!