Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Shimmering Dream Card


One more card using my two new favorite additions to the craft room -- the Fun Stampers Journey Rose Garden die set and the NUVO Mousse in Power Blue -- here is the card:


This card is sooooo easy to make!  To begin with I used a piece of white/GP card stock cut larger than the die set. Using the Rose Garden die set I cut this out. Using the NUVO Mousse in Powder Blue I covered the die cut piece with the mousse. This goes on smoothly and covers well. Set this aside.

Cut and scored a piece of white #110 weight card stock from Mikes for the card stock base with the scored line at the top. Wanted to use a die cut for the word "dream" so I cut that out of scrap white/GP card stock. Also cut that word out of a card board tab top to a kleenex box. I used TomBow glue to put the card board "dream" under the white/GP card stock word "dream".  By gluing these together it will give the word dimension on the banner. With those glued together I covered that word also using the Powder Blue mousse. Set this aside.

Measured and cut a banner large enough for the word die cut piece for the card front. Dug out a white flower from the flower jar stash in the craft room. Used a M Stewart sprig punch for the sprigs I used under the flower. Using Pearls Shimmer Mist I spritzed the sprig pieces, the flower, and the word "dream" to add a little of sparkle to them. Set those aside to dry before I put them all together.

Measured and cut a piece of white/GP card stock to fit behind my die cut card front. Put them together using TomBow glue. Used the ATG and put theses onto the white card stock base. Using a large glue dot I put the sprigs behind the flower and then added the banner piece that was cut using the Stampin Up Banner punch. Put the "dream" die cut word onto the banner piece using TomBow glue. Put this onto the card front using large glue dots. Here is a photo to show the shimmer and shine the mousse adds to this die cut card front piece:



LOVE the NUVO mousse -- goes on smoothly and really adds a lot to a card front. Also am loving the Fun Stampers Journey Rose Garden die set. Here are items I have already used it for:

A gift bag front (over clear sheet):


My two cards using the Over and Under with distressed inks:


And now this card covered with the mousse:


I apply the mousse using the distress ink sponges and handle and this is how I store all the mousse and applicators:


Two new fun additions to the craft room that I am enjoying getting to use. TFL

No comments: