Saturday, November 2, 2019

Combo BOO Day projects


Had seen the new Taylored Expressions strips die set for Halloween and I wanted to order a set. Went on the TE website and they were sold out. Second option was to ask Daphne at Paper Crafters Muse in Matthews, NC if she had a set in stock and if so could she mail it to me? Daphne did have it and she was more than happy to send it off to me -- nice to know if I can not find something in stock on an online store that she can help -- thanks Daphne!

The strip die goes with a few stamp sets -- I bought the Halloween word set as well as the set for Fall or Thanksgiving.  On a YouTube video using this stamp/die set different coloured card stocks were stamped and die cut and I did just that -- this gave me a pile of holiday greetings to use on my cards. The first photo is black card stock that I embossed with white embossing powder and then cut all the greetings out with one pass in the die cutting machine:


and then I stamped and cut out the other colours:


I had seen the cards Taylor had made showing this stamp'die set for fast Halloween cards. I decided I would try that and see how it work and I was surprised how quickly these cards came together. . . but first....   If you have been with SU for some time then you may remember when they sold their own brand of black ink pads.... then you would remember when some of their black pads and re-inkers were really a dark purple rather than black.... then you would also know they changed to foam pads and the black ink would never dry -- even if you used a heat tool to dry it....  Now they sell black Memento ink to use . . .

On Taylor's card she splatters black ink from a re-inker on the background for her cards before she puts her printed card stock strips on her card front... I decided I would make up a few of these cards for the holiday since I had already made other Halloween cards to use. I cut all the pieces for my white card fronts and began the ink splattering using a black re-inker from SU.... only did three and then saw my black re-inker from SU is really purple -- it is labeled black but it is purple.... So I had to start again and this time I used BLACK refills from Close To My Heart and surprise!! The splatters are BLACK!!!  YAY!

Here is a photo of the cards I made using the TE stamp/die set and Taylor's card layout:


Some cards I added die cut ghosts or bugs or bats to the card fronts. Wanted all my card bases to be different colours and they all went with the printed card stock strips I had used. Thanks to TE for coming out with the strip die and stamp sets.  I believe they sell a larger die that goes with a larger stamp set for the Christmas holidays. It is so easy to stamp once, die cut once, and then have a pile of greeting strips to use on all your projects... Great product idea for sure!

Here are photos ( not great ) of the goody bags I made for gals at work:



Also my BOO Box I made using tag dies from Pink & Main and I made a box insert to make two tags into a box:


And the holders for the Hershey chocolate candy bar:


Also bling I put together to clip onto different holders I made to hold candies:


Had seen this YouTube video using plastic quarter coin cases for my mini shakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWTa8vVSmuQ&t=833s

She used paper clips for her mini shakers but I wanted to use the clothespins so I could clip them onto different projects. Also my black bows came with a mini white pearl.  I did not want them to be white so I used an orange Sharpie marker and coloured the pearls. Cute idea for a mini shaker and thanks to the "Scrap and Craft Queen" for sharing this cute idea. (I bought my plastic coin cases from Amazon)

I had made a few other treat holders as well but forgot to take photos but everyone seemed to enjoy them or at least the candies inside!! ;0)    TFL




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candee the simple strips die and 3 sets of stamps arrived yesterday--a birthday gift for my daughter. Like you it was out of stock last August when I wished to place the order. I am dying to have her use it but she is out of town--can't wait to borrow and make for future use-- tons of single strip messages. Thank you for sharing your Halloween treats. Hugs and smiles, Reva