Monday, November 11, 2019

Gnome Tags


Am in the middle of my Thanksgiving projects but wanted to take a break from that and make two tags for Christmas. I used the Gnome die set from Simon Says Stamp:


For my tag bases I measured and cut my card stock tag base using my trimmer. I wanted the tag itself to be sturdy so I used a double layer of card stock for those. For my tags my measurements are:
2 1/8" wide x 5 3/4" long. I used a ruler for the tag top corners. Once the tag bases were cut I used clear liquid glue and glued the two tag layers together. Set those aside to dry.

Cut out the two gnomes using card stock from my stash. For the hats I wanted some texture on them so for the blue hat I used a dotted background stamp and inked that up. Laid the stamp flat on the work table and then laid the die cut hat piece onto the inked surface. Pressed the hat piece into the stamp to transfer the dotted design onto the hat:


For the red hat I used a cheese cloth background stamp from PSX and red ink for that:


With the tag bases dry I used a snowflake stencil and stenciled the front of the tags. With the stenciling done I set them aside and finished assembling the gnomes.  Here are my two tags:


Very easy die set to work with. For the dots on the coat for the gnome for the blue gnome I left the dots in the die cut piece. For the red gnome I popped out the dots and let the white background die cut piece show thru. I added gray ink (Close To My Heart ink) to the beard so the beard is not stark white. The "Merry Christmas" greeting stamp is from Paper Sweeties and it fits perfectly on the front of the tag.  Used glossy accents to add the pom poms to the gnome hats. Put the gnomes on the tags using pop dots.  Easy and fun tags to put together. .... . ....   now back to Thanksgiving projects!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

These gnomes are adorable, Candee! I love how their coats match their hats! You are enabling me again.