Monday, May 25, 2020

BOO Milk Carton Bundle


Had bought the Divinity Designs Milk Carton Bundle on sale and decided I would use the set to make treat holders for BOO Day - Halloween:


Divinity Designs dies cut and score all the pieces so these treat holders went together easily. I used as many holiday printed scraps as I could for the milk carton panels. All the card stocks are from the stash. The gray card stock I used for the carrier and the cartons is a heavier weight card stock and the dies had no problem with the heavier weight.

Each carton I used various prints on and different holiday items I had die cut earlier and had in the holiday stash. I used Beacon 3in1 glue to put the black netting on the carton fronts behind the ghosts:


To keep the cartons closed I am using small black bulldog clips I had bought from Amazon. The ghosts were cut out of a shiny/foil white card stock and I backed them with black card stock to fill in their faces and to give them extra weight. Orange gems are from the stash.

For the front of the carrier I used an old Sizzix fence die (yellow die) and cut that out of black glittered card stock and backed it with black card stock. Put it on the carrier front using TomBow glue:


For the Jack O Lantern pumpkin I used two older punches from my stash - the solid pumpkin punch is M Stewart and the face punch is from Marvy:


First I punched out the pumpkin face punch from a piece of pumpkin coloured card stock. Then I punched over that face using the solid pumpkin punch. Using the solid pumpkin punch I punched out a black pumpkin to go behind the face pumpkin piece. I put the two pumpkins together using the Tom Bow glue. Used tear and tape to add the pumpkin to the front of the glittered fence piece. Used Tom Bow to add the "spooky" word next to the fence.  The bow on the handle piece of the carrier is a die from my stash and I used sparkly black card stock for that.

Nice die set and will be able to get a good supply of chocolates in the milk cartons for BOO Day. Lots of possibilities for decorating these milk cartons for holidays ahead.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

More fun treat holders! Love all the textures that make each unique and interesting!