Monday, May 25, 2020

Peaches and Cream


Had seen a video by Amy Elle on YouTube for her larger tassel. Was hesitant to make one for myself tho as I am not used to cooking my crafting supplies in an oven . . . .  haha

To begin with I used thin dowels and used three different ribbons to make my korker ribbons. I preheated the oven to 275 degrees and wrapped the ribbons around the dowels and held the ends in place using clothespins. Lined an old cookie sheet with aluminum foil and put the dowels on the pan and in the oven they went for 25 minutes:


Removed the pan from the oven and let them cool -- it does not take long. When they were cooled I brought them back to the craft room and took them off the dowels:


I followed her directions and sizes and I made my tassel using eyelash and fluffy yarn and beads to hang the tassel:


This project went together easily and fluffy it is -- these will be used for holiday time and I plan on making them in different colours. Here is a photo to show the beads and the snowflake charm I put on it:


The lobster claw I put this on has other jump rings on it so I can also add smaller beads to it as well. Her directions are easy to follow and the camera does not capture all the texture of the tassel with the eyelash yarn and fluffy yarn with the ribbons.  Always wanted to make the korker ribbon but was a bit nervous about the involvement of the oven but was happy it works! Thanks to Amy for sharing her idea and video!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Clever and fun! I love all the mix of textures!