Monday, May 25, 2020

Scarecrow Thanksgiving Treat Bag


Had seen this treat bag on YouTube done by "putsomeblingonit" and since I was working on Fall holiday projects this is one of the first things I made.  I had a lot of items on hand in my holiday stash from clearance fall sales from last Fall so I pulled out that box and this is what I made:


This is a free standing gift bag with printed panels on the front, sides, and back:


Once I cut and scored the bag front/side piece and the second piece for the back/side piece I cut out the printed card stock for the front/back as well as side panels. I put the prints on my bag pieces before I had assembled the bag so it was easier to do. With the prints on bag pieces I used tear and tape to assemble the bag and add the handles.

For the front of the bag I used a circle die and cut out a solid circle for the base. Then I used a holiday printed cupcake liner and used scissors to cut the bottom out of the liner so I only had the creased sides. I cut about 1" off of that so I could push this down onto a 1" card stock circle like a rosette. I set that aside to dry. Pulled out my holiday supply box and I found some glittered leaves and the scarecrow - he is the same scarecrow she had used in her video. Here is a closer photo of him and the cupcake liner behind him:


Used a stamp set from PaperSweeties for the "Blessings" greeting - the stamp reads Bountiful Blessings but I just inked the "Blessings" and stamped that onto scrap white card stock and used a banner die to cut that out. Used raffia from the stash and made a bow. Added a coloured crystal to the center of that using Glossy Accents.

This a good size gift/treat bag and very easy to put together. Thanks to Natalie for sharing her holiday idea!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This scarecrow is adorable, Candee!