Sunday, June 20, 2021

More July 4th Treat Holders

 Forgot to post the group photo of the Uncle Sam Treat Boxes I had posted the other day so here that is:


For this next post of treat holders I used the Candy Bar Slider die set from Jaded Blossoms:

This holder holds a regular size Hershey Chocolate Candy Bar and here is a photo of the first two holders I made:

and the other two holders:


Used patriotic card stock from HobLob as well as from the Pebbles American 6x6 paper pad I have in my stash. First I die cut the boxes from red card stock and then white card stock.  Cut out the printed card stocks and put those onto the box fronts using the ATG. With all the fronts on I used a small slit punch for the ribbon on the box front and back pieces:

With the slits punched I used tear and tape and put the boxes together. I wanted to die cut "Happy 4th" from glittered card stocks for the box fronts. Went thru the die stash and found a "happy" in script and a number 4 but do not have an alpha set in script for the "t h" after the 4 .... what to do???  Went back to the die set that the "happy" is from and found "thankful" so I die cut out the "happy", "thankful", and 4 out of glittered red card stock. Once they were all die cut I used scissors and cut apart "thankful" to give me the "th" I needed:

With that done I cut it out of white and silver glittered card stocks so I would have all the colours I wanted to use on the box fronts. Used red and white gingham ribbon from HobLob for the slider to hold the candy bars. Once that was done I used a small star punch and punched out two stars for each box front.  I used liquid glue to put the words and number on the box fronts and glue dots to put the stars on the box fronts:

The candy bar slider die set is very easy to use and saves time from having to measure your candy bar and then having to cut the card stock and score and everything else.This box could easily hold a gift card with the candy bar as well as it is a roomy size box for the candy bar.  Jaded Blossom also sells a smaller candy bar slider die set for the Fun Size Hershey chocolate bars. These went together quickly and they make a sturdy box which will protect the candy bar from breakage. 



No comments: