Saturday, June 5, 2021

Sympathy Card

 Was able to pick up the Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3-D Impresslits floral frame embossing/die on sale at Hobby Lobby. I had seen a video using this frame by Vicki Papaioannou on YouTube for embossing using waxes. I had never used waxes before so I thought I would try this out - I ordered some waxes from SImonSays and some other colours from Amazon for my card.

Used #110 weight card stock from Mikes and cut out some frames:


The darker your card stock is the better the waxes will look - plus you do not need any expensive tools to apply the wax as your finger tip with do if you do not want to use a small paint brush. First I applied purple wax to the frame:


Since this is a light application it does not take long to dry. Once it dried I used a silver wax over that leaving some spots that would show the purple wax:


With the frame finished I die cut the flowers using textured card stock. The floral die set has colours on the back of all the die pieces so as you are cutting the layered pieces you know which pieces will go together. 


Used the #110 weight black card stock for the card base. The two prints for this card are from the stash. Stamped the greeting on white card stock scraps and die cut that piece out. Put foam tape behind the greeting and the frame piece. 

Here is a photo to show other frames I did in different colour waxes:


The frame embossing/die has so much detail that the wax works well on it. Thanks to Vicki P. for sharing her ideas and tips and tricks for using the Prima wax on a pretty project. Hoping Sizzix/TH will come out with more of the 3D Impresslits as well. But for now lots of projects ahead using the new embossing/die frame as well as working with Prima waxes. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candee Thank you for posting this card. Love what you have done with this frame and for introducing me to Vicky P. on You Tube. I always learn something new from you. Hugs and smiles, Reva

Bonnie said...

An elegant waxed frame, Candee!