Thursday, June 17, 2021

Patriotic Nuggets

Made some wrapped Hershey Nuggets for July 4th using all items from the stash. For the printed card stocks I wrapped the candies in I used this paper pad from Pebbles that I picked up long ago from AC Moore:

Here is a photo of some of the nugget treat holders I made:

I pulled out a pattern I had used for BOO Day nuggets. This pattern is for the "tray" in the treat bag that the nuggets sit on:


For my nugget holder for a July 4th treat holder I bought a bag of the Hershey Milk Chocolate candies and this bag holds approx 28 wrapped candies:


I wanted my treat holder to hold 5 candies rather than the 4 my BOO Day holder held so I added one inch to the length of the tray pattern piece and cut my white #110 card stock at: 5" x 2 3/8". With the short side at the top of the scoreboard I scored the long side at 1/2".  Turned this piece and scored the other long side also at 1/2". This tray piece keeps the nuggets neat in the plastic treat bag and it keeps the candies stacked so they will not fall all over on the inside of the bag. Here is a photo of one of these treat holders showing the side of the tray piece inside the bag:


To start I cut and scored the white tray for the nuggets. Using various card stocks from the patriotic paper pad I cut wrappers for the nugget candies 1" x 3 1/8". I used glue dots wrap the card stock strips on the nugget candies. Using a small star punch from my stash I punched out silver glittered card stock and red glittered card stock stars. I also used this 6x6 holographic card stock from ParkLane from Joann's for my center nugget piece:


Hard to photograph since it is so reflective. For each nugget tray I put a white star wrapped nugget, then a red striped wrapped nugget, then a printed blue wrapped nugget, then the star and the striped pieces again. To put the little stars on the candies I used mini glue dots. 

For the clear bags for the treat holders I used these bags from ClearBags.com:


These bags have an adhesive strip at the top of the bag to close them but I wanted to use twine to tie my bags closed so I used scissors and cut the adhesive strip off:


For the "Happy 4th" heart stamp I used an old wood mounted stamp from Darcie and stamped it onto scrap white card stock using dark blue ink. Punched that out using a circle punch. Used scrap red card stock and punched out a scalloped circle and put the stamped circle on that using TomBow glue. Used a small hole punch and punched a hole at the top of the circle for the twine and tied this onto the treat bag when I tied the twine on it to close it. Easy treat holder to put together and tray piece keeps this holder neat and tidy inside. TFL



No comments: