Sunday, June 27, 2021

Patriotic Ghirardellii Holders and next project - -

Used the Little Treat Holder die set I had bought recently at a used stamper's sale for this Ghirardelli treat holder for the 4th of July:

This holder holds two of the Ghirardelli candy bars. I used various card stocks for the holders and this die set cuts out two holders from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. I used the Sizzix Rosette die set to cut out the rosettes from various patriotic prints I had in the stash. For the scalloped pieces behind the rosettes I used a punch to cut those out. For the flag button on the front of the rosette I had to cut off the pin backing on the button - here is a photo to show the flag button, then with the pin attachment on the button, and then a piece I had used wire cutters on to remove the pin part:

To put the flag button in the center of the rosette I used a small amount of E6000 and hot glue to put a piece of foam tape on the back of the button. Then I did the combination of those two adhesives to put this button in the center of the rosette:

Once the candies were in the holder I used red and white twine to close it. Added clear crystal bling to each corner on the front to add a little sparkle. Easy holders to put together as when the die cuts the shape it also has all the score lines so it is easy to assemble. Here is a photo of the next project:



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hooray for the red, white & blue! Pretty treat holders, my friend!