Sunday, October 15, 2023

Dressed to BOO Card

Recently bought the Boo Die Set from  thiscallsforconfetti.com  and wanted to make a free standing card using this die set. Here is a photo of the die set and all it includes:

This die set has eyes for a boy ghost and eyes with lashes for a girl ghost. The bow set included in this die set can be a bow tie for the boy and a hair bow for the girl. Here is my free standing BOO card I made using this die set:

I die cut a piece of white glittered card stock from the stash using the ghost die piece. Then I cut and scored at the top a piece of white card stock for my card base. I placed the ghost die on this card base piece with the top of the ghost die just over the fold of the card base and I used washi tape to hold this in place so I could die cut it:

With the die placed over the edge of the fold that means the fold would not be cut in the die cutting machine so I would have a solid front/back piece for my ghost card base. Here is a photo to show the glittered card stock and card base cut out using the ghost die:

I used liquid glue and glued the glittered card stock ghost onto the ghost card stock base and set this aside to dry. Using the Candy Cane Alphabet die set by Scrapdivadesigns.com I cut out the word "BOO" using solid black card stock scraps. Then I cut those letters out of glittered orange card stock. Again using liquid glue I put the black and orange letters together and set those aside to dry. 

Used scrap prints for her bow and I cut that out. Layered that onto scrap white card stock to make the bow sturdy. Used black foil card stock for her eyes and mouth pieces. Put the "BOO" letters on the front of the glittered ghost using Glossy Accents. Also used that adhesive for her eyes and mouth. I put the bow together and put that at the top of the ghost as a hair bow. Here is a photo from the side of this card to show how the card base is one piece with the scored line at the top:

For the inside greeting I used a stamp I recently bought from Katscrappiness.com by Riley and Company:

I stamped in in black ink on orange card stock and cut this out using a Hero Arts oval die. The stamp says:

There are two times of year ... Halloween and Waiting for Halloween.

Here is photo of an older card from my stash with this ghost die cut on top of it to show this ghost will easily fit on the front of an A2 card and it will also fit in an envelope for an A2 card:

I had never ordered from thiscallsforconfetti.com before so was happy to come across her online shop. Happy me she lives in 2 towns away from me so when I ordered my Boo die set it was here in 2 days!! YAY for that! Fun card to put together and this die set easily cut through the white glittered card stock as well as the heavier white card stock I used for the card base - even the scallops at the bottom of the ghost die! Fun card for BOO Day!

No comments: