Saturday, October 14, 2023

WF#9 Give Thanks Card

No scrapbooking/stamping stores near me - used to shop at Hobby Lobby but now they seem to be turning into another furniture/decor store. . .  I used to belong to the Small Die of the Month club at Spellbinders but all you received was their pick of the small die for that month. With no local stores I decided I wanted monthly inspiration that was not just a die in the mail . . .   Had seen Wafflerflower.com was starting a monthly kit for $29.99 and each month it is a different theme or holiday. They send you multiple items in their monthly kit -- from a die, to a stencil, to shaker cups, pre printed sentiments, and tools - be it one of their new blender brushes, one of their grid mats, etc.. So far the favorite kit I received was their Bunny Ears kit:

The kits over the past months have been for birthdays, cakes, balloons, then animals, and various other themes. This card I made is from Kit #09, Give Thanks:

In this kit was the Pop Up Leaves cover plate die, the leaves stencil, the "give thanks" die and shadow die. First I die cut the "give thanks" from gold foil card stock, then die cut it twice from scrap white card stock for the layers, as well as the vellum shadow piece. Once everything was cut out I used liquid glue to layer these pieces together. Set this aside to dry. 

Cut and scored at the top a gold piece of card stock. Then cut out a piece of the gold foil card stock for the full front of the card. Put that on card base using liquid glue and set it aside to dry. Cut down a piece of white card stock for my stenciled panel. Ran this through the die cutting machine with the Pop Up Leaves cover plate. Once that was done I laid the stencil over this piece and was ready to stencil the leaves in different colours. My first layer over all the leaves was the Mustard Seed distress ink using a blender brush. This is the only colour I used on all the leaves.  Leaving the stencil in place I wiped off the extra ink off the stencil and switched to another distress ink, Barn Door. I put this colour on only parts of the leaves. Wiped off the stencil again and switched to another distress ink, Mowed Lawn. Again I put that on only parts of the leaves. Wiped off the stencil again and switched to the last distress ink, Carved Pumpkin. I lightly added that colour here and there to the leaves. Wiped off the stencil again and decided to add gold glitter splatters to the card front. 

With all the colours of the leaves and some of the leaves can be popped up for dimension I decided when I added the gold splatters that I only wanted this on the leaves and not all over the card front so I kept the stencil in place. Spritzed three squirts of the gold shimmer mist onto a stamp block and I used my fan brush to add the splatters to the leaves:

Here is a photo to show the shine from the splattered shimmer mist on the leaves:

Once I splattered the gold shimmer mist onto the card front over the stencil I lifted up the stencil and washed that off before the inks or shimmer mist dried on the stencil. With that washed and dried I then put liquid glue behind the stenciled leaf panel and I glued this to gold foil front of the card. I used the gold foil behind this pop up panel since you can see this foil when you pop up the leaves on the card front:

Then using liquid glue again I put the "give thanks" greeting on the front of the card. Added a few gold gems from the stash and the card was complete. Very easy card to put together and a good kit for inspiration. Here are the items I used:

Between the inspiration sheet they send with the kit, there are YouTube videos featuring these monthly kits so lots of ideas to use these monthly arrivals to the craft room. Happy to have this arrive each month!

No comments: