Sunday, October 1, 2023

Road trip and sales......

 Another road trip to Lewisville, NC yesterday to attend the yearly Enchanted Cottage Customer Yard Sale in their parking lot. I usually take a photo of the filled parking lots with the sellers tables and canopies but I forgot to yesterday..... A big thanks to the hubby for driving me and my DSD to this sale once again... Enchanted Cottage had sent out an email earlier this week listing some of the items that the sellers would be selling at this sale..... One seller was selling machines at this sale so certainly a good find for a crafter looking to buy any of them... 

When we got in the parking lot to shop a woman was all happy and screaming cuz she was able to buy one of the Sizzix electric die cutting machines that was for sale -- the seller had 2 of these machines, new in box and never used, for $200.00 each.  I do not know what colour they were as when I got to her table she only had her sign for them left but IO do know depending on what colour the machine is you could pay a higher price -- she was also selling a brand new in box Cricut Joy for $80.00 so another good find for a crafter that could be looking for that I am sure. I had told my DSD besides finding a large acrylic block that I would be happy to find a Sizzix Sidekick machine but it would have to be dirt cheap as it was not a necessity.... well she found one of those for me for $3.00. It is the original red one and it had four plates -- and a pound of dust on it -- in a plastic bag. I asked the seller if it still worked and she said it did so I brought that home with me.  Cleaned it up for the photo:

It will be helpful for die cutting tiny items on the craft table when I have everything spread out and just need a little skull or bow or bell die cut or something tiny... Happy to say I tried it out and it does work so for $3.00 happy to add that to the craft room....

This year the only thing I had on my shopping list was to look for a used large acrylic block as I said... but even tho I did not find one...  I did find lots and will share those photos.... Will say almost every sale table was loaded with Stampin Up products -- one seller had three tables at her spot. One table had the SU scoreboard, the punch boards, ribbons, ink and carousel holder, two SU Big Shot machines, stencils, tools, etc. One of the other tables had all her clear/cling and wood stamp sets, punches, and die sets all for sale for $3.00 each.  She also had her SU printed card stocks in a box on the other table for sale. Good deals for anyone looking for a particular SU product. 

My DSD also found a few good deals -- she picked up a framed bulletin board, new in box, for $5.00 and the frame is in the colour she wanted. She also bought a Recollections (Mikes) white storage cubbie new and in the box unassembled for $10.00 so she was happy to find that. She also bought a mini trimmer from another seller so she was happy with her finds.... 

Here is a photo of dies I picked up from different sellers at the sale to add to my craft room:


All the dies I picked up were priced from $3.00 to $6.00 at most. Was happy to pick up the Pink&Main pink Happy Birthday die set -- die and matching shadow die -- for $4.00 for the set. The older Turkey die from QuicKutz will go with my little Pilgrim dies I have in my stash from that company.... 

The above bag of wooden stamps was $10.00 and only four of the stamps in the bag were used. I was happy to come across this bag of birthday themed stamps as I can use a lot of them for the insides of my birthday cards as I do not have many birthday sentiments in my stash. 


Found these eyelets at a sellers table - the box of eyelets were $4.00 and the little clear boxes were all in a bag together for $1.00 so I picked those up.  Will use the eyelets on projects to hold dangles and charms and such. Picked up the candy corn from Tim Holtz also for $1.00. 


My DSD and I shopped and walked this sale and went back around a second time as sellers were still unpacking items as buyers were buying things. I had seen this set of the photo boxes my first trip around but wanted to shop the whole sale for storage items and then I would know what was available and prices.... second trip around I did buy this and I paid $8.00 for it -- happy me that this is the IRIS brand photo box set and in mint condition... Happy it was not the Mikes brand but IRIS.... 


The above photo shows my one package of Tim Holtz candy corn with a package of beads I bought for $1.00 from another seller from HobLob. Liked this package of small beads due to the size and all the colours inside. 

When we first arrived at this sale the first table we shopped we each found items we wanted.... this seller also had a few card making kits from different companies she was selling..... I had seen this one kit she was selling for $20.00 brand new and it had all the dies in it, the matching stamp set, and the project sheet the brand enclosed with the kit... I really liked this kit but wanted to think about it.... as we shopped and went around the second time I thought about this kit for sale..... I already have my BOO Day cards started and my Thanksgiving cards I have all products in a clear box ready to be used but I have not been able to decide on anything I would like for my Christmas cards this year.... but this kit would help with that problem.... she was selling this brand new kit, never used, for $20.00..... even though it includes the three dies and matching stamp set I was not sure of the price.... so I looked it up....


It is a it from ElizabethCraftDesigns. This kit originally sold for $46.95 so our third and final trip through this sale I decided if this kit was still available I would pick it up and happy me it was still there and now it is here!!  So Christmas cards will now be taken care of.... 

Once we finished shopping my DSD called her dad, (he was shopping a church yard sale nearby), to let him know we were finished at the sale. I also wanted to go into the Enchanted Cottage store and buy something to support them and not just their customer yard sale vendors. My DSD and I went into the store and I bought a die set and card stock sheets for Thanksgiving projects ahead. While we were inside the store my DSD saw they were selling the Pink&Main Happy Birthday die set for $9.00 that I had just picked up at the customer yard sale for $4.00 for the set so happy me to save a little money on that.... 

My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) did not go with me yesterday but she had suggested we stop at the Reconsidered Goods store that is nearby Greensboro.  We have a Scrap Exchange store in Durham and it is a store that has all these donated or recycled items for sale. Here is a photo of the flyer from the Reconsidered Goods store in Greensboro:


They also have parties for kids and craft classes for kids that teach them how to recycle items and turn them into other things. The Scrap Exchange offers this as well but I will say the Reconsidered Goods store is VERY nice... They have everything organized and labeled and sorted and it is an inspiring store to shop! Here is a photo of the front of the store:


From the front awnings on the store they have all these corks hanging in different colours and fabric strips on the handles of the front door -- hard to take a good photo of the front of the building with so many customers coming and going.....  they sell furniture, fabric, craft items, a scrapbook section with machines, stamps, dies, inks, card stocks, stencils, etc.. a fabric section with fabrics, sewing machines, threads, trims, buttons, etc... Knitting books, supplies, yarns.... cross stitching books, threads, candlewicking, crochet, etc.. Acrylic paints, beads, plastic storage section, frames, holiday decoration items, glassware, dishes, linens, lamps, decor items, tools, etc.. Even how they display their items is inspiring!  A great find for sure! Here is what I picked up there:

My items were $1, $2, and this smaller IRIS photo keeper was $5.00:

My DSD bought wooden items that were $1.00 each that still had the $6.49 price tag on the back from HobLob. She also bought a plastic storage holder for markers and such. So a good trip for the two of us!  Certainly happy to find this store!!! Thanks to my PIC... after we left there off to Mario's for our lunch... followed by a quick stop at HobLob nearby to buy craft foam sheets in black - my HobLob I shop at did not carry any in black.. 

We were home shortly after 3 and I was able to clean everything up and get it all sorted and ready to add to the craft room for future projects... another fun shopping day and road trip!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Looks like a fun day and lots of good bargains!