Sunday, October 20, 2024

Halloween Cards and a CAS!

Used the ATC Halloween stamp set from Whimsy Stamps for these cards:




I used the PaperTreyInk True Black card stock for the card stock bases and they are scored at the top. White card stock was used for the front. I used Gina K black ink to stamp the haunted house stamp and then used black in and stamped the background tree stamp over the house image. Trimmed these to the size I wanted for the card fronts. Set them aside to dry. Once dried I punched out a 3" circle from scrap white card stock for the mask over the haunted house and then sponged the top and sides of the card fronts with inks and then went over that with black ink. Set them aside to dry. 

Used the thin rectangle frame die set from Ellen Hutson to die cut the thin frame for the card fronts - two of the thin frames are black and one is a darker gray card stock. With the frames cut out I went back to the stamped card fronts and splattered white ink over them. Set these aside to dry. Once they were dried I used the Artist - Tac adhesive sheets (from Amazon) to put adhesive on the back of the thin frame pieces and then I put the frames onto the card fronts. Used liquid glue to put the card fronts onto the black card stock bases. Added the clear/holographic gems from SunnyStudios to the card fronts.

The above card uses the Faux Embroidered Pumpkin die set by Nichol Sphor/Spellbinders. For the card base I used pumpkin coloured card stock scored at the top. The spider web background was made using a the Spiderweb Background Better Press plate and I used it in my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine using holographic foil. I cut that to size and put it on the card base using liquid glue. Die cut the pumpkins with flowers from scrap card stocks. Sponged the edges of my pumpkins for dimension. The "BOO" sign is from the Spellbinders "BOO-licious" die set. Used foam strips to add the pumpkin with  flowers to the front of the card for dimension.


This card is a black card stock base scored at the top. Used orange card stock for the card front. Hot foiled the Spellbinders/Better Press Spiderweb plate onto black card stock using holographic foil. Cut that to the size I wanted for the card front. Used the thin rectangle frame die set from Ellen Hutson and cut out an orange card stock frame for the card front. Used the Artist - Tac adhesive sheet to add adhesive to the orange frame. I put the frame onto the spider web piece and then put these onto the orange card stock for the card front. Used liquid glue to put these onto the black card stock base. 

The ghost holding the pumpkin is a die set from Pretty Pink Posh. I used white glittered card stock for the ghost and scrap pumpkin card stock to die cut the pumpkin. Sponged the edges of the pumpkin for dimension. Used a mini bug punch and black glittered card stock for the bug on the pumpkin. Easy ghost to put together because the die cuts out the eyes and mouth so perfect placement each time.....

Now to the CAS card -- Bonnie K, (her blog is: bon2stamp.blogspot.com) sent me this cute Halloween card and it arrived yesterday:

The background is the Spellbinders Pumpkins and Ghosts Better Press plate.  Earlier in the Fall I had bought this same plate on sale at Spellbinders. I do not have the Better Press system with machine and inks and such but I know you can use their plates to hot foil which is what I used this same plate for. 

Her card is too cute not to CAS so here is my version of her card using the dies I have on hand:


Here is a photo of the card to show the holographic foil I had used to hot foil my background:


Happy to have such inspiration from Bonnie!! Love her witch hat more than mine but again I used what I have on hand. For my card I used purple card stock scored at the top. Hot foiled the holographic foil onto white card stock for the card front. Used liquid glue to add this to the purple card stock base. Used a spider die from the stash from a bow die set I have, used a witch hat die for the hat and I die cut that out of black glittered card stock and used scrap card stock for the belt and buckle on the hat. Added small purple gems to the card front.  A BIG thanks to Bonnie for such a fun card for Halloween and for sharing her talents with me on her card!

No comments: