Saturday, October 19, 2024

Halloween Treat Bag Fronts -

Finished all the treat bag fronts and now all I have to do is full all the treat holders I have made and load up the bags... for all the fronts I used only items from the stash - card stock, dies, specialty paper, Dollar Tree glittered spider web tulle, twine, gift bags, and punches for the bugs and bats I am going to add to the fronts. The pumpkin bells are also from the stash:

This first photo shows the bag with the tags I made that I tied on. The "Oct 31st" is a favorite die from My Creative Time. The large scalloped black circle was die cut using a large QuicKutz die set I have had for many years. Used a set of circle dies to cut out the orange frame to go around the "Oct 31st" piece. The white glittered card stock ghost is die cut using an old Sizzix steel rule die. The pumpkin at the bottom of the bag is three circles I punched out and layered and I cut out a little stem from brown card stock for that. The spider webs are cut out of the Dollar Tree spider web tulle and I used scissors for that. 

To decorate the bag I measured the front of the bag and cut the pumpkin printed card stock to size. Then I used black card stock from the stash and a Sizzix large scallop die and cut out two of the scallop pieces for the top and the bottom of the bag. Used my trimmer and cut the striped card stock to 1/4" wide and I put those across the bottom of the black scallop pieces. Used liquid glue to put the front pieces together and on the bag fronts. 

For the tags I used a large tag die and cut out a white tag and also a postage stamp scalloped die set for the black piece behind the ghost/rosette piece. The rosette is a Tim Holtz rosette die and the little ghost is a Cuttlebug ghost die. I stamped a crackle background stamp and stamped that onto the white tag front using black ink. Added a bow at the top using crinkled seam binding from the stash and put a black brad in the center of that. 

Here are the other bags and they will be getting bats and bugs added to them once I am all finished:







Will fill the treat holders I made closer to the holiday with the candy treats and then I will put photos of those on the blog.... but for now am busy cleaning up all the black and orange for BOO Day and getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas treat holders, cards, and such...

No comments: