Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ghirardelli Easter Treat Holders


Recent trip to the Big W I found the new Easter Ghirardelli candies. They come in a bag of two pieces and there are different designs in the white chocolate -- a bunny, a chick in an egg, the basket and eggs, etc. Each package has two different designs. Over the years I have made different holders for Ghirardelli candies:










and so it goes. . . .   but I just bought the SU Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and I wanted to use that for these new style Easter Ghirardelli candies. Here is what I made:


These candies are pre-wrapped in different colour wrappers so I matched my card stocks to the wrappers. For the turquoise wrapper I used SU card stock and a floral ribbon to close my holder. Since I used the floral ribbon I used a floral embossing folder from Cuttlebug --- Caramelo is the title --- to emboss the tag/holder.  For the plum wrapper on the right I used card stock from Close To My Heart and I used a checked ribbon for that. I embossed the plum holder using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  For both of the greeting tags I cut them out using the Spellbinders "Charmed I'm Sure" tag die set. Then sponged the edges of the greeting tags to match the holders. This is how I made these holders:

Cut the card stock 2" x 5 /12". Score at 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 3 3/8", and 3 5/8. Put this piece into the tag topper punch with the end that has the 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" scored lines on it -- this will be the top of the holder. Punch the tag topper and then use a bone folder to make your scored lines sharp. Now emboss these in the Cuttlebug. Once they are embossed re-crease your scored lines. Put the Ghirardelli candy in the holder using a large glue dot on the back of the candy wrapper and put this in your holder. Wrap the holder around the candy and tie a ribbon around it and tie this in the hole at the tag top, as seen in the photo:



Stamp your greeting onto scrap white card stock and cut that out in the Cuttlebug using the tag dies. Sponge the edges of the greeting tags to match your holder colours. Tie the tags onto the ribbons using twine. Clip ends of the twine off when you are done tying them.

This is an easy holder to make and another version of a treat holder for the Ghirardelli candies. These would be cute treat holders to hand out at the office or to tuck into an Easter basket. TFL and YOLO.

1 comment:

Teresa Doyle said...

Soooo cute! I wish you did videos! I love seeing your cards...TFS