Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bountiful Fall Tree Card


Card stock base is cream #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Kraft and creamy white card stocks for the card front are also from Mikes.

For this card I used the Fall Tree die set from Paper Smooches that arrived in the mail this morning. For the tree piece I used Mikes kraft card stock -- I wanted that to have dimension so I cut two pieces of the kraft card stock larger than the tree die piece. Used the ATG to put the kraft pieces together. Once they were adhered I cut out the tree die in the Big Shot. Used Stampin Up Crumb Cake to sponge the edges of the tree and branches.

For the leaves I wanted to use the different autumn leaf colours so I took a piece of white/GP and cut that to the size I wanted. Sponged on these Stampin Up inks to cover the white/GP piece:


Once my white/GP piece was inked I used one of the leaf dies from the die set to cut out my leaves:


Moved the leaf die piece around on the inked card stock cutting out leaves. With those cut out I put them onto a piece of coloured copy paper from the printer inked side up:


Used Pearls Shimmer Mist to spritz the leaves to give them some shimmer:



Set the leaves aside to dry. Cut and scored my cream card stock base. Cut a piece of kraft card stock for the card front. Used the ATG and put that onto the card stock base. Cut and adhered the creamy card stock to the card front. For the tree I used sticky tape and a glue pen to put that onto the card front.

For the greeting I used a stamp from the Taylored Expressions Autumn Wreath stamp set. Stamped that using Stampin Up Real Rust ink. Used a scrap piece of green card stock and used the MS grass punch for the grass at the base of the tree. Trimmed that to the size I wanted using the trimmer. Put the grass piece onto the card front using a glue pen.

For all the leaves I put them onto the tree and card front using glue dots. This photo shows the shimmer on the leaves:


Easy card to put together with all the leaves cut out in advance before I began this card. Have enough leaves to make another card as well. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a lot of beautiful, Fall leaves, Candee! I love how each tiny leaf has multiple colors just like the real thing! Perfect layout too.