Sunday, February 26, 2017

Hello Daisy Card


My PIC (stamping Partner in Crime friend) and I went to the SSAT stamp show recently in Columbia, SC. While we were there I stopped at the Rubber Cottage booth. This is the vendor that I had bought this stamp from when I went to another stamp show awhile back. I really liked the blue they had used on this card but I could not find it. Bought the stamp thinking I had a similar colour of ink at home but I didn't.

At the show in Columbia I met the owner and she told me that she had used Memento Danube Blue ink for her card she had made into a sample featuring this Daisy Background stamp. Of course she did not have this ink in stock at this show but Tessler Stamps was selling it at their booth so on my way out I stopped and bought one. Am happy to say this is the blue I wanted for this card and it is really a nice blue.

For my card stock base I used #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. Cut and scored that and set it aside. For the dark blue I used card stock from Hobby Lobby. For my card front that I stamped with the Daisy Background stamp I used a piece of white/GP cut larger than the stamp. Used the MISTI to stamp my background. Cut that to the size I wanted for for the card front. Using the ATG I put the daisy background piece onto the solid blue piece. Then put these on the card front.

For the "hello" I used a stamp from Pink and Main. Stamped that using the MISTI and used the Memento Danube Blue ink. Cleaned the stamp and inked it with VersaMark and stamped it again. Added clear embossing powder and heat set this:


Used a stitched frame die set from Creek Bank and cut out the "hello" piece in the Big Shot. Cut a piece of dark blue card stock to put behind this piece. Put the embossed piece and blue piece together using the ATG.

Added clear sequins to the greeting piece. Using the Triple Flower punch from Stampin Up I punched out flowers from an extra stamped daisy background stamp. Used a small circle punch and punched out a small circle from blue card stock scraps. Put the circle in the center of the flowers using a glue pen and put the flowers onto the greeting piece using glue dots. Pop dots are behind the greeting piece for dimension:


Easy card to put together and IRL the "hello" is very shiny with the clear embossing powder on it. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That is a pretty shade of blue! Love that daisy background too! It's perfect for the big hello!