Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pink Valentine Treat Bags


Just finished decorating the front of pink paper gift bags from the dollar store for the gals at work. Was not sure what to decorate the front of the pink bags with until I saw these napkins also from the dollar store:


Once this napkin is opened up it can be used to decorate four of the gift bags:


I opened the napkin and cut it into four panel pieces using scissors. Once that was done I peeled off the white backing on the napkin pieces. Using GladWrap, (not the "microwaveable" type), I adhered each napkin section to a piece of white/GP card stock cut a little larger than the napkin piece using an iron. Once cooled I put the napkin piece onto the flat gift bag and decided to trim it to the size I wanted for the bag fronts. Trimmed them all to size using the trimmer and I then sponged the edges of these pieces using red ink. Here is a photo of one of the gift bag fronts:


I cut white paper doilies from Mikes in half and put a half doily at the top and bottom of the napkin panel piece. The stacked pink and red glittered hearts at the bottom of the napkin panel are also from the dollar store. I stacked the glittered hearts using glue dots and put them at the bottom of the napkin panel piece using tear and tape.

For the bow at the top of the napkin panel piece I used red card stock from Mikes and cut out a gift bow using the Stampin Up Gift Bow steel ruled die. Added a small heart to the center of the bow using red glittered card stock and a heart punch by Marvy. Put this heart onto the bow using a glue dot.

The greeting "Happy Valentine's Day" is a older stamp from the dollar bin at Mikes. Used red ink for that and a circle punch to punch that out. Used a larger circle punch for the red card stock circle behind the greeting piece. Put this greeting onto the napkin panel piece using large glue dots. Here is another bag and for this one I used a red paper doily from Mikes:


Made five of these gift bags and am now working on finishing the candy treat holders I will put inside the bags.  TFL

No comments: