Sunday, February 26, 2017

Embossed Pistachio Card

Had seen a video by Kelly Acheson for this card so I made one for myself. I recently bought a few stamp sets from another stamper and for my card I used two of these Stampin Up stamp sets:

Corner Garden and Peaceful Petals


For my card base I used #110 weight white card stock from Mikes, cut and scored on the side. For the card front I used a piece of Emerald card stock from Stampin Up. Cut that to the size I needed for the card front. Using white/GP card stock I cut that piece larger than what I would need for the card front. Using the Corner Garden stamp I used the MISTI and inked that stamp with VersaMark. Stamped that and then used white embossing powder and heat set that.

For the greeting I used a stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set Peaceful Petals and the Cracked Pistachio ink and stamped that onto the embossed piece. Using a very light touch I sponged the distress ink Cracked Pistachio over the embossed flowers making some flowers darker than others. Once the flowers were all covered I trimmed this to the size I wanted for the card front. Once trimmed to size I sponged ink only on the edges that the flowers were on -- one side and bottom of the card front. Put the embossed card front onto the green piece using the ATG. Then put these two pieces onto the white card stock base.


Using scrap card stock and a small butterfly punch I punched out two butterflies and put them onto the card front using TomBow glue. Added pearls to them from the stash. Added three clear sequins to the embossed side of the card front.  Easy card to put together and thanks to Kelly for sharing her video. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'd never thought to use this stamp on a monochromatic card! Great idea! It's so pretty! Wish I could get your blog by email.