Sunday, February 5, 2017

Love Valentine Card


Recently picked up the MFT (My Favorite Things) Stitched Heart Grid die set for Valentine cards. This is a two piece die set -- one die marks the stitching on your piece and then you cut out the hearts with the second die:


For this card I cut and scored the #110 weight white card stock from Mikes with the score line at the top of the card. Using hearts printed card stock from Hobby Lobby I cut a piece for the card front. Put the hearts card stock onto the white card stock base using the ATG. Set this aside.

Cut a piece of Mikes red card stock to the size I wanted for the card front. Cut a piece of white/GP card stock for the front piece that I would be putting the hearts on. Using painters tape I taped the stitched line die onto the white/GP piece. Ran this through the die cutting machine. Removed the tape and the die:


For my card I used four colours of card stock for my hearts. I cut those all out and then used one of the scrap coloured card stocks that I cut the heart die out of as the pattern to keep the hearts straight and level over the stitched lines. Used painters tape to keep that in place:




With that in place I used a glue pen on the stitched lines as I went along and put the hearts into the scrap piece. Did one heart at a time. With all the hearts in place I pressed down on the hearts to be sure the glue pen would adhere to them and set it aside for a few minutes. Once that was dried I carefully lifted off the coloured die cut piece off the hearts.

Used a dollar stamp from Mikes and red ink and stamped "love" below the hearts. Put this piece onto the red card stock piece using the ATG. Put this piece onto the white card stock base using pop dots. Added clear Wink of Stella to the "love" greeting. Pinched the hearts together so they give the card front some dimension. This photo shows the sparkle from the Wink of Stella on the greeting:

:
Easy die set to use for this card. As usual the MFT dies cut nicely. Just finished another card using this die set:


For this card I used a "love" die and cut that out of red foil card stock. Used a glue pen to put this onto the die cut piece. Also cut out a red foil heart and added that to the bottom of the die cut hearts. To be able to use the word die on the bottom of this white panel piece I measured the word die and cut my white panel a little longer than the first card I had made. Easy card to put together. The foiled card stock added some shine to the front of the card. TFL

No comments: